Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 18, 22, 26 Performer Brackets & Gas Assist Delete - 22 WSM straps w/3rd grate  (Read 2590 times)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
How well does the gas assist delete work? Seems like it won't seal tight around the burner tube hole.

But it's curved.

Its also thick.. which leads me to believe it may not fit snug.

I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
I installed the delete plate for some pics. I only hand tightened the nuts. I'm sure it is not an air tight fit but it should completely seal with a couple cooks. The curve seems to "seat" the plate well against the bowl. One downfall, the sweeps cannot make the full movement because they will hit the delete plate. You can still control air flow and sweep ash but the sweeps do not go all the way over with this installed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Text @ 419-619-6379

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
I love that delete plate. If it were me, I would cut the plate to allow the sweeps to fully rotate. From the picture it would end up with a tiny bit of the hole exposed that wouldn’t affect performance imo. I would not want the sweep to get hung up on the delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Did you try fitting the bracket to the outside of the bowl?
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador

Did you try fitting the bracket to the outside of the bowl?

Ha!  That is way better than my idea. I would do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
I did mount it on the outside but with the way it's curved, it seats against the bowl alot better on the inside

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Text @ 419-619-6379

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Yeah the outside is what I envisioned. The grill would be easier to keep clean also. (Just let grease build up in the hole.) Maybe your friend can rejigger the contour; making it smaller would only create an unnecessary air hole. Not a huge one, bit it’ll contribute.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch