Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cajun Bandit™ 22.5" Charcoal Kettle and Weber Smokey Mountain Rotisserie  (Read 898 times)

Garfield

• Smokey Joe

I just picked up a CB 22.5 Rotisserie from a member and I couldn’t be happier. I noticed on the stainless steel ring there are two motor mounts. How do you determine whether to position the spit closer to the heat source (lower motor mount position) or further away from the heat source (higher motor mount position)?

If you are to set up the charcoal in baskets for indirect cooking on the charcoal grate in the lower portion of the kettle and use the higher motor mounts it appears the chickens will be a long way from the heat source.

The question: When setting up the kettle to cook two chickens on the spit should you select the motor mount that positions the birds closer or further away from the heat source?

Thanks

GO

Bodhi

• WKC Brave
Re: Cajun Bandit™ 22.5" Charcoal Kettle and Weber Smokey Mountain Rotisserie
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 06:40:47 AM »
If I remember correctly one mount is for use on a kettle and the other flipped over is for a WSM.

Garfield

• Smokey Joe
Re: Cajun Bandit™ 22.5" Charcoal Kettle and Weber Smokey Mountain Rotisserie
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 11:08:47 AM »
That would make sense as it is dual for the kettle and the smoky mountain. I’ll call Cajun Bandit and get their reco!

Bertman

• WKC Brave
Don’t k is if this helps. I have the same CB roti. I have it mounted high and place the charcoal on either side of the birds from the chimney. I push the two birds together center as possible and balanced. Turn it on and let the magic happen. About 21/2 hours later with some charcoal additions they ate moist and done. I put a tray in the center as well with water in it.  Love the CB roti![emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Garfield

• Smokey Joe
I’ll go with the high-position and see how things go. If I think it would have fared better with more heat, I will try the low position. What else have you prepared with your rotisserie?