Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Aldi and Lidl meat and chicken  (Read 2949 times)

namtrag

• WKC Brave
Aldi and Lidl meat and chicken
« on: February 26, 2018, 07:33:44 AM »
Can you guys who use meat or chicken from Aldi and Lidl give me the lowdown on what you think of it?

We got some boneless thighs from Lidl, and when I turned one of them over to put rub on them, i found a small dark red thing that looked like a small slug on one of the thighs.  It was attached to the meat.  My wife saw it too, so the package was thrown out, and we are leaning towards going totally not using meat from Lidl anymore. I am sure it was probably something else, but it sure looked like a slug.  The jury is still out on Aldi, as we have had chuck roast and grass fed burgers from there with no issues.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Aldi and Lidl meat and chicken
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 07:41:02 AM »
I use a lot of Aldi meat. Ground beef,skirt steaks, chicken thighs, wings, drums, breasts, pork chops, ribs.... pretty much everything. Always been happy. And if you're not, bring it back they'll replace it and refund your money if you would like.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 07:45:58 AM »
I haven't had any issues with the meat from Aldi. Haven't had anything from Lidl, yet. We have a Lidl opening up in a few weeks literally across the street from Aldi so things should get interesting around here.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

namtrag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 07:54:43 AM »
Thanks, guys...Aldi is nearby, so we go there a lot.  We just went over to see my mom, and saw a new Lidl near her house that we tried out.  So Lidl won't be an every week thing anyway.  Good to know Aldi is good quality.  I made pulled beef with the chuck roasts that I bought, and they were most excellent.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 07:54:50 AM »
I have never had any issues with any meat from Aldi
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 10:35:58 AM »
We like our ALDI meat, never any issues with it except that I can't buy more sometimes.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 11:14:55 AM »
I love Aldi pork and chicken and their chuck roasts are some of the best. I like Aldi boneless butts as well. They work great cooked normally or an a roti.

Occasionally they have very thin sliced sirloin or ribeye that work great for fajitas or stir fry.

I like the store size as well.  Park close and get in and get out fast. I usually buy only what I need for one meal. I go in with my bag and my grocery bag and make a quick lap and I’m out.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

auto180sx

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 12:28:37 PM »
Butcher here: I buy whole legs from Aldi quite often and I'm always happy. I also get my skirt steak from there, I pop in at least once a week to pick that stuff up.

Without a picture I can't tell you what it is but I wouldn't stop shopping there.

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

namtrag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 12:58:10 PM »
It was a hard black curled piece, about 3/8" long, and skinny.  It was imbedded into the thigh, and when I pulled on it, it resisted coming out.  Looked like the shape of very tiny slug, but could it have poossibly been a piece of the liver or heart, or a blood vessel?  I googled and couldn't find anything similar.   It was at Lidl, which we don't normally go to.  Aldi is our new go-to place!  We love it, and will continue to buy meat there, especially since everyone is giving such good reviews!

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 08:08:46 AM »
I buy a lot of meat from Aldi and we've been pleased with it all.  Their peppered bacon is some of the best bacon I've ever eaten.

moosehead

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 07:43:18 AM »
There is that big vein in the leg. Could that be it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Talus

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 09:26:07 AM »
I get baby backs from Aldi, and love them.

namtrag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 11:03:16 AM »
There is that big vein in the leg. Could that be it?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I am thinking that's it...I have never noticed one before, but I am sure that's what it was.

namtrag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 11:04:24 AM »
We have eaten some hamburgers from Aldi, and they are pretty decent.  Was looking for some other stuff to cook, but they had nothing in stock the other day when we dropped by.  I believe next week , the special is St Louis Spare Ribs.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 04:43:18 AM »
We have eaten some hamburgers from Aldi, and they are pretty decent.  Was looking for some other stuff to cook, but they had nothing in stock the other day when we dropped by.  I believe next week , the special is St Louis Spare Ribs.
I got spares the last time they were on sale at Aldi, and baby backs the other week too. They were all great!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.