Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer Deluxe Propane Question  (Read 2344 times)

jaynik

• WKC Brave
Re: Performer Deluxe Propane Question
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 01:50:19 AM »
It normally only takes a couple minutes with the flame on.  In cold weather, I've left it on maybe up to 5 minutes.  During the summer, it's only a minute or two.

I can get quite a few cooks out of the 1lb canisters.  For my space, another 20lb tank would be clunky and crowded.  I do have a 5lb can that came with the SSP I got.  I was able to get it recertified at the propane shop nearby for $5.  Since you just got it, try the 1lb tanks and see if you need to get a bigger tank.

FWIW, I use the propane start on my performers with a chimney.  No newspaper.  Just put the chimney over the flame then you can spread the coals how you want them.  Takes a couple minutes to light.
How long do you leave the flame on while you have the chimney over it?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 03:29:20 AM »
It normally only takes a couple minutes with the flame on.  In cold weather, I've left it on maybe up to 5 minutes.  During the summer, it's only a minute or two.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 04:47:19 AM »

I just tried this for lighting just 12 briquettes for low and slow and it worked great! Thanks for the tip!
Together we'll fight the long defeat.