Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Super Bowl Sunday Ribs  (Read 1046 times)

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Super Bowl Sunday Ribs
« on: February 04, 2018, 07:53:13 PM »
Super Bowl Sunday is one of our holidays.

Today was a rib day.

I’d like to think my Jim’s Steaks shirt was a nice charm...but I had a slight rooting interest in the Eagles. I lived in central New Jersey for a few years. Literally the part of NJ that is the Mason Dixon line for NY/Phila sports teams. 95% of my friends and neighbors rooted for the Philly teams...no matter what. Most folks have no idea how long people in the area have wanted a Super Bowl title. Those folks live and breathe Philly sports! Congrats to the Eagles! It’s been a long time coming. Finally Merrill Reese and the WIP crew can sleep well and let this win sink in ;)

For the day...I wanted to crank out some killer ribs . I stuck to the game plan and went home with the win! One rack was a combo of Simply Marvelous Trinity/Cherry. The other was Oakridge Secret Weapon. I preferred the SM...my wife liked the Oakridge better. Go figure. Apparently, there was also a "cryptic" NFL HOF message with the foil wrapping. Who knew?

These ribs were championship caliber.

Fly Eagles Fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:15:48 PM by Mike in Roseville »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Super Bowl Sunday Ribs
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 02:17:34 AM »
very nice, looks awesome
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 11:24:25 AM »
Those both look delicious!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 12:04:13 PM »
Thanks!

When I opened the cryovacs, there was a large piece of what looked like loin attached to one of the racks. Probably about 8oz or so. I trimmed, seasoned, and hung that too! It was delicious!

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 03:15:16 AM »
Mike , the ribs look great bro .

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 04:18:18 AM »
Thanks Brian...I think I am still going to play with the wrap/method a little going forward. Who knows...I may just hang them all the way through like you did.