Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Run with iGrill2 (and a Quick Question)  (Read 676 times)

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
First Run with iGrill2 (and a Quick Question)
« on: February 03, 2018, 03:27:14 PM »
So I picked up a barely-used iGrill2 last weekend on CL, and I’m throwing a prime rib roast on tonight for the outlaws who are in town for the weekend. Everything’s going well so far:

A quick question for anyone who has an iGrill- The receiver on my Maverick finally went kaput, inspiring the new iGrill2 which came with two probes but has ports for four.

My hope was that I could use my two Maverick probes with the new iGrill. They fit perfectly in the ports, but the iGrill didn’t detect them. When I noticed that the iGrill probes have a small metal ring at the base of the plug that bumps up against the port ring, I decided to put a small ring of aluminum foil around the base of the Maverick plugs, and it got the iGrill to detect the probes but registered around -3 deg. (I keep my living room cold, but not that cold.)

I’m guessing that they’re just calibrated differently. Is there a way to adjust the calibration on the iGrill for certain probes? Or any other tricks?

I know I could just buy two new iGrill probes, but I’d rather not because:

A) I’m cheap.
B) It’s fun to try to figure this out.
C) I like the idea that I’m circumventing the system, sticking it to the man. (Even though “the man” in this case is Weber, the very company we all know & love.)

Let me know if anyone has any ideas, and keep an eye out for some prime rib pics in another hour or so. :)

-Jed
-Jed

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
First Run with iGrill2 (and a Quick Question)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 06:25:39 PM »

And here’s the money shot:

-Jed
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:30:57 PM by Jed.cook »
-Jed

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Re: First Run with iGrill2 (and a Quick Question)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 08:38:18 PM »
Mmm mmm! Looks great! It would be interesting to figure out how to get the Maverick probes working

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.