Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie chicken  (Read 790 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Rotisserie chicken
« on: January 18, 2018, 05:10:19 AM »
The orange chilli chicken video that BBQ Pit Boys posted recently intrigued me so I thought I'd give it a try.

Instead of using Cornish hens, I used a fryer chicken, marinated overnight and did it on the rotisserie instead of spatchcocking.

There is a chicken hiding in there. I'm surprised it fit into a large bag. I found (wasn't easy) and bought a package of extra large ones just in case, but didn't need them. I'm sure they'll come in handy though.

These were on sale steeply discounted at the store so I couldn't say no. I prepared them to dry brine overnight while the chicken spun:

The chicken picked up some deep colouring but was still about 10 degrees away from finishing when I checked on it.

Resting then carved. Despite the deep colour, the skin wasn't burnt and the flavour from the marinade was surprisingly mild, almost delicate.  I was actually quite worried I'd overdone it.  Next time I'll make a nice glaze to put on near the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Rotisserie chicken
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 06:23:09 AM »
Looks awesome, love the color on the chicken. Did you have any wood in there ? or just coals
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Rotisserie chicken
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 10:09:12 AM »
Great looking chicken!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow