Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Charcoal  (Read 3416 times)

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Charcoal
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 04:02:19 PM »
I prefer GFS Lump. However, Weber and Stubbs are the briqs I use. I’ve been pretty tight on cash lately, so I picked up some RO Ridge, and I noticed it had a funk to it. I also made the mistake of adding fresh RO while cooking and my food tasted like lighter fluid. That doesn’t happen with Weber, Stubbs, or GFS Lump.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2017, 05:37:24 AM »

D@mn, all I use is KBB.  Never had a problem.

Sorry to hear about all of you guys and your sensitive eyes and nostrils.

Tonight's NY Strip night.  So, in about an hour or so, you'll find me on my deck with a chimney of KBB going, a scotch, and Oliva V. 

BD

Oh man, next time you’re grilling I’ll be sure to swing by with some Stranahan’s and an Onyx!

-Jed

Tionoel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2017, 10:32:50 AM »
Weber is my brand of briquettes...love the size...constancy and ash reduction

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 12:32:01 PM »

Weber and Stubb's is almost all I use.
Never noticed a diesel smell.

Same and same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto, with the exception of Lump. I really like Royal Oak when I opt for Lump, but have had good luck with Cowboy too.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

deans6571

• WKC Brave
    • Twitter Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 04:11:51 AM »
..if I'm honest  - I'm not really impressed with Weber's genuine briquettes?!  I've used 2 bags over the summer this year but in all honesty, although it does the job fine (I use 3/4 of a chimney full), I don't find it to burn any longer than say a different  branded lumpwood charcoal on a non Weber bbq.  Before owning a Weber, I used to use "Big K" lumpwood charcoal (https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41fdnCkngcL.jpg) which actually seems to be just as good if not better than Weber's genuine briquettes.

I may just use lumpwood charcoal in my chimney next year instead of Weber's briquettes, because of this....
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:19:05 AM by deans6571 »

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2017, 10:41:26 AM »

D@mn, all I use is KBB.  Never had a problem.

Sorry to hear about all of you guys and your sensitive eyes and nostrils.

Tonight's NY Strip night.  So, in about an hour or so, you'll find me on my deck with a chimney of KBB going, a scotch, and Oliva V. 

BD

Oh man, next time you’re grilling I’ll be sure to swing by with some Stranahan’s and an Onyx!

Let me know if you're swinging by . . . NY Strips are still $5.99 lb until the store closes tonight.  The sale changes every Wednesday.  Not sure what'll be on sale but they do like to put T-Bones/Porterhouses on sale a lot.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 06:51:41 AM »
..if I'm honest  - I'm not really impressed with Weber's genuine briquettes?!  I've used 2 bags over the summer this year but in all honesty, although it does the job fine (I use 3/4 of a chimney full), I don't find it to burn any longer than say a different  branded lumpwood charcoal on a non Weber bbq.  Before owning a Weber, I used to use "Big K" lumpwood charcoal (https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41fdnCkngcL.jpg) which actually seems to be just as good if not better than Weber's genuine briquettes.

I may just use lumpwood charcoal in my chimney next year instead of Weber's briquettes, because of this....
I believe that the Weber briquettes in the Europe are different than the ones here in North America. Ours are made in the US whereas I believe the Euro briquettes are made in the Czech Republic.

BBQFiend

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2018, 11:58:31 AM »
I've used the Weber briquettes a few more times now since I posted this. Love how they cook but still can't get over the smell. They do seem to work better than KBB coal.
Weber 22" Kettle Grill