Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone have a good bacon cure?  (Read 982 times)

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Anyone have a good bacon cure?
« on: December 14, 2017, 04:51:17 AM »
I've made a couple home made versions that I wan't really happy with. Other than that, I've mostly used Buckboard Bacon cure in the past.

Any of you folks have a good cure recipe you're willing to share?

Thank You!
Jim

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Anyone have a good bacon cure?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 07:14:15 AM »
I wish I did. I’ve only made homemade bacon one time using a very simple cure. It was fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 11:33:17 AM »
I've made a couple batches using this recipe.  The first batch was using a belly with the skin on.....it was okay.  wasn't very impressed.
Second batch I used belly with no skin.  Fantastic!  Only change I made was the skin.  I will not buy bacon again!
http://ilovemeat.com/homemade-bacon-part-1-cure/
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 11:05:49 AM »
@ EricD, I found a very similar recipe that subs maple syrup for the honey in yours.  I've always gotten full belly sides with skin on but recently sourced some without skin.  Also bought some bacon hooks.

I'm stoked!

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 12:53:37 PM »
Best cure I have found for bacon is to eat lots of it. lol  Looks like you found a good one. That bacon looks great.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 07:53:47 AM »
I quickly realized that I can only hang one slab at a time.  I really only need two for tomorrow, the others can go in the smoke tomorrow or the next day.