Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mothers Day cook's  (Read 3116 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Mothers Day cook's
« on: May 11, 2013, 10:12:24 PM »
Anyone firing up their kettle(s) for Mom's Day? I'm doing a surprise breakfast in the A.M. for my wife. I'm going to break in my Paella pan on a kettle and make sausage and egg pocket sandwiches. Then I'm having my Mother over tomorrow night for some 2 inch think Iowa pork chops and twice bake potatoes with asparagus.

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Re: Mothers Day cook's
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 11:02:52 PM »
Yup, I am trying out a German pancake recipe I got from Ballistic BBQ in the morning and then doing some spares for dinner.
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 03:04:36 AM »
Cooking our new favorite meal:  1lb delmonicos over mesquite. 
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 03:07:44 AM »

Pile of tri-tips.......take some across town to mom................ ;D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 10:15:26 AM »
Just had some Unagi and pickled papaya with the wife. She is out on a hike today, but I promised I would have the Kettle rehab done before she got back!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 11:17:34 AM »
Yesterday my wife told the kids that her favorite breakfast is quiche.  News to me, and I've never made it before.  So I was up late doing the dough, and up early to bake it off.  Came out perfectly, I am pleased to report.  What a relief.

...maybe next time I'll bake it in the kettle.
One of the charcoal people.

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 11:36:53 AM »
I made German Pancake this morning and am now into the 2nd hour of a rib cook. I never did two cooks back to back like this before but was able to get the coals to drop down to 250 degrees by closing all the vents and then I banked the coals to one side and opened the vents enough to sustain the temp. The remaining coals lasted 2 hours and I just dumped out most off the ash( One touch kicks ass!) and arranged more coals banked like I usually would for a longer cook. I took the rib rack off for a few minutes and took two of the sections of the Craycort's out and set up the coals.( Craycort kicks ass!) I will be foiling them in bbq sauce  after 3 hours and put them back on for 2 more hours and then pull them and  let them rest in the foil for around an hour or 45 minutes and the unwrap and eat. A variation on the 3-2-1 method.
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Mothers Day cook's
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 12:05:52 PM »
I cooked a pork loin on the Cook N Kettle rotisserie yesterday and took it to my Grandmas for the big gathering today. It seemed to go over well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 12:45:05 PM »
My Mom was admitted to the hospital on Thursday with severe abdominal pain. She is spending today in the same place. I visited this morning, and spent the afternoon cooking chicken soup and skillet lasagne to keep handy when she is able to come home. Would have loved to do something on the grill, but she is not able to eat just yet. Bummer! Tests so far have ruled out anything life threatening, but she will be 85 this year, and is pretty weak from lack of food. And coffee!

With luck she will be home tomorrow. I owe her a ribeye!

Marty

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 01:27:26 PM »
Delmonicos, corn and spuds...all on Weber grills

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 01:29:57 PM by bryanw21157 »
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM