Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Q140 Electric - Pros-Cons?  (Read 1189 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Q140 Electric - Pros-Cons?
« on: December 04, 2017, 04:33:58 AM »
Hey ya'll!!

I picked up a FREE Q140 (1400) electric Grill yesterday.  Its intended as a Xmas Gift for a buddy of mine that cant have Charcoal OR LP grills at his Condo (I know.. Ludicrous right???).  Now maybe he can invite ME for some que'd goodness!!!!  :)

It was used ONCE.. The bowl was wrapped in HD Foil as well as the grease pan.   I literally peeled the Foil wrappings off and it is basically new!!  Rinsed it off with Dawn and a sponge and its looks NEW to me!!!

I am picking up a used Q220 LP and Cart for 25.00 today and a full cover for 15.00.  Mainly for the Cart. 

Good and bad points welcome!!

TIA!!!

Jeff(rackmo)

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Q140 Electric - Pros-Cons?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 07:00:43 AM »
I've read that it's the best electric grill, but don't think that's saying much ... but also think that's irrelevant if that's all he can use.

I've also read it's a better machine than the Q2400 because they have the same wattage rating, which means the larger one can't get as hot.

It'll be good, crank it and grill.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

guitarfish

• WKC Brave
Re: Q140 Electric - Pros-Cons?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 04:47:23 AM »
Try to use it on a dedicated 20 amp circuit if possible. If he needs to use an extension cord, keep it as short as possible and 12 gauge only. A smoker box or foil pack with chips well go a long way as far as flavor goes.
"beer ain't drinkin', it's survivin' "