Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: City barbecue restaurant  (Read 1004 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
City barbecue restaurant
« on: December 02, 2017, 06:57:00 AM »
These popped up a few years ago in my area. I tried the brisket and pulled pork yesterday and tried all of their sauces. I thought the pulled pork and brisket were good while the sides were just average. To my surprise, I thought the brisket and the pulled pork tasted very similar to mine. Their swine wine vinegar sauce tastes exactly like the eastern North Carolina bbq sauce recipe I use. I was happy that my bbq at least measures up to theirs on texture and flavor. But we don’t have a lot of bbq places around me that aren’t chains so I don’t know if this is a good measure. Who has had city bbq and what did you think?

I was not blown away by their brisket while I thought the pork was very good which is exactly how I feel about my own brisket and pork. I guess I’m more of a pulled pork person. I thought I might have been doing something wrong on brisket.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:00:08 AM by HoosierKettle »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: City barbecue restaurant
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 10:08:39 AM »
Just goes to show that we can make some damn good bbq too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 10:19:11 AM »
We have a chain called Mission BBQ that popped up recently. They make some pretty good bbq as well. I have had City BBQ when I am in Columbus.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 11:49:07 AM »
Thanks for the tip, @HoosierKettle.  I just looked and they have four restaurants in my area.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 01:19:35 PM »
I ate at the one near me and thought the same, pulled pork was good but the sides were lack luster

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

tmartin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 01:54:25 PM »
There are far better places out there but City BBQ is decent.  At our local branch I find the pulled pork excellent, the brisket is ok but the ribs are an unknown.  Sometimes the are great other times they are cardboard.  I usually get the pulled pork sandwiches which are very generous, and if you ask for extra bark they'll give it to you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 07:16:00 PM »
We have a few City BBQ in Columbus and I like most of their stuff but it’s pricey. I did a full packer once using peach wood from one of my trees and I thought it tasted just like City BBQ. The wife said it was better than theirs so I know I hit the mark that time.

As far as their sides go, I really like their baked beans with the brisket chunks and they have a really good potato salad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.