Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thanksgiving dinner  (Read 1138 times)

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
Thanksgiving dinner
« on: November 18, 2017, 01:27:30 PM »
I did this a couple of weeks ago, and brought some to my mom and one of my brothers. They were both impressed, and suggested I make some for Thanksgiving. So that’s what I did. Spun an eye of round roast and a top round roast last night. Brought them back to the butcher this morning for slicing. It’s now vacuum-sealed and in the freezer. On the big day, I’ll put the pouches in some gently-boiling water for a few minutes, then put the roast beef into a crockpot with gravy.

The butcher and I sampled a couple slices, and once again it was a homerun. This is so easy, it’s not even funny. Season it, put it on the rotisserie, toss a piece of peach wood on the coals, and wait for the meat to get to about 145-150.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Re: Thanksgiving dinner
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 04:38:19 PM »
Looks so good my man! Excellent!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 06:38:49 PM »
Looks perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 07:26:51 AM »
Dumb question here ... but isn't a final temp of 145-150 on that cut of beef tough? Is the rotisserie what saves it? Or is it the thin slicing that saves it?

I'll ask another question, if you took it up to 200-ish, would it become pull-apart tender or become leather since round has very little marbling?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 08:42:48 AM »
I've only done it to the 150 range. Yes, the slicing saves it -- very thin.

Having said that, my mom took this batch and put it into a crockpot with store-bought gravy on Thanksgiving. I had it sliced a little thick for this purpose. After a couple hours in the crockpot, it was tender as hell, with a nice, subtle Weber flavor. When it was time to go home, everyone wanted to-go containers of this.
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie