Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Secret Santa 2017 Reveals  (Read 54726 times)

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
Re: Secret Santa 2017 Reveals
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2017, 07:25:32 AM »
So my secret Santa box was waiting for me when I got home today. Thanks so much to @KenMc for the nice box full of surprises inside of surprises and the card was a very thoughtful touch as well. 5 Weber spice blends, #7444 ashsweep, box of lighter cubes, Apple, Maple and Pecan chips and if ya can't see it, there's a #3200 warming rack under the spices. Just another above and beyond box of goodies. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Merry Christmas Scott!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:28:19 AM by Ken Mc »
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

eLLWOODgGLEN

• WKC Brave
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2017, 05:23:36 PM »
Santa came early this year!!!

Although I’m over 1,000 miles away, I’m pretty excited to use my new Jumbo Joe; and likely modify as well. Maybe a Jumbo Smoker Joe is in my future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomtappel

• WKC Brave
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2017, 07:00:34 PM »
Thanks to my secret Santa, @Bob_BQ! What you’re looking at here is a brand new 18” hinged grate, meat press, 18” ash pan, Zav handle, grill brush, and some King Kooker gloves. Thanks so much Bob! And Merry Christmas to the club! I just got back from a vacay so mine is shipping out this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2017, 08:04:00 PM »

Thank you very much @mhiszem! Merry Christmas!

The skewers are cool, I'll use those. I already broke into the rub to taste, that is some wonderful stuff.

No problem enjoy! There is another part that will get there today. Merry Christmas!

That last bit hasn't shown up yet - but we are having delivery slowdowns due to the fires south of us.

On the porch when I got home from work tonight. Thank you! I really dig good hot sauce.

And yes, I'm already well into the Aardvark - I had it on my plate of turkey and stuffing tonight.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:06:19 PM by Jon »

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2017, 10:05:36 PM »

Thank you very much @mhiszem! Merry Christmas!

The skewers are cool, I'll use those. I already broke into the rub to taste, that is some wonderful stuff.

No problem enjoy! There is another part that will get there today. Merry Christmas!

That last bit hasn't shown up yet - but we are having delivery slowdowns due to the fires south of us.

On the porch when I got home from work tonight. Thank you! I really dig good hot sauce.

And yes, I'm already well into the Aardvark - I had it on my plate of turkey and stuffing tonight.

Awesome glad it finally made it!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2017, 08:22:53 AM »
Not Directly related to Secret Santa, but a few years ago when I participating in my first WKC Secret Santa I got @weldboy  and we have been good friends ever since.  His wife actually contacted me a month or so ago about dual probe thermometers and I steered her to the Smoke.  She got Mike the smoke as well as the gateway for a birthday present.  Thermoworks has been have good sales so I sent him a case, probe extensions and a handful of probes for his bday/Xmas gift.  A couple of days ago a box arrived from him.  One hell of a Xmas present!!!!  The friendships that this forum leads to are something to behold!

Thanks again Mike!

Just seeing the hat had me jumping around my living room!  @Cellar2ful - I know the hat was on your wishlist and I went with another option. It’s a great hat and if someone else doesn’t get it for you, you won’t regret buying it yourself.

@zavod44  two rivet handles I really needed!!!!

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2017, 08:29:08 AM »

Not Directly related to Secret Santa, but a few years ago when I participating in my first WKC Secret Santa I got @weldboy  and we have been good friends ever since.  His wife actually contacted me a month or so ago about dual probe thermometers and I steered her to the Smoke.  She got Mike the smoke as well as the gateway for a birthday present.  Thermoworks has been have good sales so I sent him a case, probe extensions and a handful of probes for his bday/Xmas gift.  A couple of days ago a box arrived from him.  One hell of a Xmas present!!!!  The friendships that this forum leads to are something to behold!

Thanks again Mike!

Just seeing the hat had me jumping around my living room!  @Cellar2ful - I know the hat was on your wishlist and I went with another option. It’s a great hat and if someone else doesn’t get it for you, you won’t regret buying it yourself.

@zavod44  two rivet handles I really needed!!!!

You've been a damn good friend to me Mike, and I certainly echo your sentiment on how this forum brings people together. Glad you enjoyed the gifts brother. Merry Christmas to both you and Holly, hope it's a great one.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2017, 09:33:52 AM »
That is my favorite hat as well

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2017, 11:49:44 AM »
My turn.

[attachment deleted by admin]

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2017, 12:13:00 PM »
My turn.
... tease! I am a horribly impatient being and even at 39 years of age I catch myself everyday getting anxious at mail delivery time awaiting ny secret Santa drop. Lots of great gifting going on. What a great community.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2017, 12:27:16 PM »
My awesome Secret Santa set me up with a variety of Kinder's sauces, rubs and spices.  I'm new to rubs, so I'm anxious to try them.  Also included was the Franklin BBQ smoking book, wood chunks and home smoked ghost peppers.  As if that wasn't enough, there was also a set of what I assume are Zav KOA handles, which will look great on my new LE red.  Thanks Santa!  Very generous.  I love it all and it will all get used.  Oh, I also found a WKC sticker in the book pages.  Nice!

[attachment deleted by admin]

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2017, 12:39:32 PM »
Amazing!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »
My awesome Secret Santa set me up with a variety of Kinder's sauces, rubs and spices.  I'm new to rubs, so I'm anxious to try them.  Also included was the Franklin BBQ smoking book, wood chunks and home smoked ghost peppers.  As if that wasn't enough, there was also a set of what I assume are Zav KOA handles, which will look great on my new LE red.  Thanks Santa!  Very generous.  I love it all and it will all get used.  Oh, I also found a WKC sticker in the book pages.  Nice!

Oh man, I sent a few people a ghost pepper and tamarind hot sauce this year....but it never occurred to me to smoke my own ghost peppers!  Totally jealous of those for sure!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »

Oh man, I sent a few people a ghost pepper and tamarind hot sauce this year....but it never occurred to me to smoke my own ghost peppers!  Totally jealous of those for sure!!!!

Smoked ghost peppers [emoji892]  [emoji848]

That sounds interesting !

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2017, 01:05:30 PM »

Smoked ghost peppers [emoji892]  [emoji848]

That sounds interesting !

There was a booth at the farmers market on the weekends in Arlington (Courthouse more specifically) where I got crushed ghost pepper probably 7-8  years ago.  Never saw the guy after the day I bought it.  It was good stuff.  I'd buy a bunch of it if I ran into him and his booth again.