Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: RCPlane Buyer grates and flavorizer bars  (Read 2180 times)

Robert

• WKC Brave
RCPlane Buyer grates and flavorizer bars
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:46:32 AM »
I hope it is OK to post this here.  Chance to save a little money on replacement parts. 

I just purchased a couple sets of grates grates and a 13 piece and five piece flavorizer bar sets.  I contacted RC to see if he could box all of them together and save on shipping.  It was about 60 pounds worth of metal.  He was able to ship in one box and save me about $10.  He also sent me a link to an ad he runs continuously on Craigslist and it allows the consumer to save some off the price from the eBay website.

For those of you interested in restoring or replacing you gas grills here is the link.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/for/d/weber-flavor-bars/6413492428.html

I asked if he makes charcoal accessories for the kettles and he said not yet.

Anyway, if you want to save a few bucks here is a way to do it.

Happy cooking,

Robert

« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:48:34 AM by Robert »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: RCPlane Buyer grates and flavorizer bars
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »
he makes great products
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 01:54:09 PM »
I'm gonna need a grate and bars come spring when i redo my genny..

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 07:16:53 AM »
those look really nice.  were i ever to get a gasser, i would definitely purchase.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

DellJones

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 03:53:15 AM »
Thank you [emoji41][emoji106]🏾[emoji106]🏾

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 05:59:41 AM »
I purchased some flavorizer bars from him last summer and I do not regret it.  I will be purchasing the grill grates soon as well.
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

Robert

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 03:03:33 AM »
Holy cow!  The box arrived in great shape.  David (RCPlanebuyer) did an outstanding job of wrapping the grates in bubble wrap and had wrapped the flavorizer bars in cardboard.  I can't believe how heavy the grates are.  They should last a lifetime.  The parts are expensive, but, you definitely get more bang for the buck with these parts.  These were Christmas gifts to my two sons to restore a couple of older Genesis grills.  One son was really impressed, the other was nonchalant about it, but that's OK.  I will be ordering a set of grates and flavorizer bars for my rarely used genesis soon. 

I would love for him to build charcoal and cooking grates for the kettles.  I would gladly place an order without hesitation. 

Disclaimer:  I get nothing for this endorsement.  I just appreciate quality. 

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas

Robert