Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tailgate  (Read 3702 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Tailgate
« on: November 12, 2017, 08:24:09 AM »
Next month me and a bunch of people from work are going to the 49er vs titans game. There is going to be in the ballpark of 15-20 people going. Gates open 3 hours in advance.  I'm probably going to do most of the cooking on site but everyone bringing something to contribute.
Trying to think of a easy menu that's both relatively cheap, easy to prep and plentiful. Im trying to stay away from just burgers.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Tailgate
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 08:27:49 AM »
Also, in attendance will be a Smokey Joe, gga, and either my 18 shorty or a 22 depending on space available in the van

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 09:08:20 AM »
I’ve been wanting to make homemade meatballs simmering in a sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 09:08:45 AM »
Meatball sandwiches would be a break from the norm.

julweidn

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 09:19:02 AM »
You could smoke a pork shoulder in advance for pulled pork sandwiches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDiBar

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 09:41:30 AM »
Pepper stout beef, chili, smoked turkey wings, pulled turkey, jambalaya.  I often make one of these, in addition to other items,  for my tailgates

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 06:18:25 PM »
Chili dogs may be pretty normal, but they are cheap and simple! This is exactly what we had for dinner tonight (with some seasoned fries from Aldi in the oven)

And anything looks exquisite when placed next to the 49ers lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 08:17:17 AM »

Ok, that does it Matt.  We have to meet up before this game so I can get that 49er SJ to you to take to that game. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 08:43:43 AM »
Do some pulled pork prior to the event, vac seal, and reheat in a pot of simmering water. Coleslaw on the side. Also, ABT's are an excellent choice!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Tailgate
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 09:00:27 AM »
Do some pulled pork prior to the event, vac seal, and reheat in a pot of simmering water. Coleslaw on the side. Also, ABT's are an excellent choice!

I just started vac sealing and reheating pork this year and it always blows me away how good it is. I might like it better!

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 11:05:54 AM »

Ok, that does it Matt.  We have to meet up before this game so I can get that 49er SJ to you to take to that game.
Lol oh the sj that I'm bringing is the 49er one ha ha. I'm gonna try to get down there first week of December. This month is just a little crazy cuz I'm hosting thanksgiving and trying to get everything figured out in the mean time but I am planning on maki ng the trip out

GillingNoob757

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 12:01:39 PM »
Meat and veggies on a stick. Takes some prep, but easy makes for an easy cook.

Filipino pork skewers (pork butt cubed and marinated in soy sauce, sprite, ginger, garlic, banana ketchup, brown sugar and if you can get a hold of calamansi)

Kalbi Skewers (I use Delmonico steaks because its a cheaper cut, but you can probably do it with chuck, marinated in Kalbi sauce)

Huli Huli Chicken on a stick. I use dark meat for this and you can find any recipe online.

Smoked kielbasa, pineapple with BBQ sauce. Check the picture. :D

Smoked pulled pork taco's. I heat mine in a CI and its easy to assemble.

Hope these help?

[attachment deleted by admin]

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 12:10:31 PM »

I just started vac sealing and reheating pork this year and it always blows me away how good it is. I might like it better!

It is rock solid! When you vac seal, the flavors get to mingle and get more intense. I do a lot of catering, and freeze the vac packs for future use. It's always fresh as can be when served.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 12:43:22 PM »

I vote for the Huli Huli chicken on a stick.  @argentflame cooked those at the recent Capitol City WKC get together. They were really good and cooked fairly quickly. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 03:51:31 PM »
All grate suggestions! I’ve headed up the tailgate for 100-125 people for six games this season at my daughters university. I agree with the pulled pork idea, anything you can do ahead of time is to your advantage. Your timing will get away from you very quickly with set up and prep, in addition to claiming prime tailgating real estate. Hot dogs are easy, and I’ve found that moink balls are always a hit with the folks. Delegate as much as possible for sides and accoutrements. Here is an action shot from last Saturday

For that amount of people, it also helps to have a ranch [emoji16] Good luck with your tailgate!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app