Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: No big deal...Just a burger...  (Read 2658 times)

EricD

• WKC Brave
Re: No big deal...Just a burger...
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 07:29:07 AM »
Your burger sounds great!!   I can't see any picture though.
I just made smash burgers last night!!   I feel bad, I've been neglecting my Kettles since I got a Blackstone griddle.
I did an (half azzed) experiment at a summer BBQ I had.  I made 10 smash burgers on the Blackstone and 10 1/2lb burgers on the charcoal, just to see what would happen.   I made one big batch of burger meat.  The only difference was the weight, and how they were cooked.   The guests seemed to want the smashburgers over the fire grilled ones!
I personally haven't decided if I like one over the other yet... it's a mood thing.
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 04:34:07 PM »
Your burger sounds great!!   I can't see any picture though.
I just made smash burgers last night!!   I feel bad, I've been neglecting my Kettles since I got a Blackstone griddle.
I did an (half azzed) experiment at a summer BBQ I had.  I made 10 smash burgers on the Blackstone and 10 1/2lb burgers on the charcoal, just to see what would happen.   I made one big batch of burger meat.  The only difference was the weight, and how they were cooked.   The guests seemed to want the smashburgers over the fire grilled ones!
I personally haven't decided if I like one over the other yet... it's a mood thing.

Oh yeah i would love to have a Blackstone...But till then I will just enjoy my CI on the grill...

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 04:43:39 PM »

@SMOKEFREAK, please help, why cook burgers over cast iron rather than directly on the grates?  Similar to indoor cooking on a griddle, like many restaurants and take-out joints?

Well there are so many answers to this question...
First I needed bacon for my burger...So I used the griddle...Dumped the fat...Then cooked the burgers on the griddle...Seemed right at the time...
Second, more and more I like the taste of a griddle fried burger over the taste of a straight up grilled burger...But that's just me...
Third, I love using my CI on the charcoal grill...
So why not just cook it in a pan in the house?
Well I have this uncontrollable urge to burn charcoal and drink beer...I can't be the only one...
AND my wife says I make too much mess when I cook in the house...
I win  8)

All of these reasons in its entirety.  My same thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 07:16:13 AM »

[/quote]

Oh yeah i would love to have a Blackstone...But till then I will just enjoy my CI on the grill...
[/quote]

I picked mine up for $99 at Wally world on black friday......just saying....black friday is just around the corner!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie