Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: BBQ Salmon with the Cajun Bandit Stacker  (Read 1284 times)

Troy

• Statesman
BBQ Salmon with the Cajun Bandit Stacker
« on: October 16, 2017, 12:04:31 PM »
I used to make this almost every other week, but then one day I forgot all about it and it vanished from my menu.

Well it has returned and of course I overcooked it in the video.

https://youtu.be/EMsr8SJrv44

Enjoy!!

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Re: BBQ Salmon with the Cajun Bandit Stacker
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 04:09:06 PM »

I used to make this almost every other week, but then one day I forgot all about it and it vanished from my menu.

Well it has returned and of course I overcooked it in the video.

https://youtu.be/EMsr8SJrv44

Enjoy!!

Another grate video Troy!!!!!! I get a kick out of watching these . Can’t wait to try this one !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 04:57:55 PM »
That was really cool.  I liked seeing the cajun bandit stacker in action and I liked that you used a rub and bbq sauce on salmon.  I usually just olive oil, salt and pepper, and/or old bay seasoning over direct.  I'm not usually a fan of sweetish salmon, BUT I really want to try it with bbq sauce now.  I hadn't thought of that, but I'm guessing it would be great.  looking forward to it.  Also, might I suggest making a video using the stacker as a low and slow smoker.  There's not a lot out there as far as videos smoking on the stacker.

apt323

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:29:34 AM »
nice video as always
WANTED - Colored Jumbo Joe (18")

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 09:04:39 AM »
I like the subtle suggestion at the beginning!

To me it says, "Get help. Get salmon."
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

gmitch01

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 09:29:48 AM »
Awesome video, this just inspired me to try putting rubs on my salmon next time. I usually just marinate and cook on a cedar plank. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 05:01:40 PM »
Great recipe!  I got to try that on my stacker.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 12:29:09 AM »

Same thing happened to me.  :)  Thanks for reminding me to make it again. I used to make it pretty regularly like you.

I like that you demoed the stacker in the video because i have been wanting to see that. Personally, I always do salmon over direct whether steaks or filets. Works great with cedar planks too.

A few weeks back, I was in a pinch when I made some salmon filets and was out of the usual seasoning that I use for fish. Instead, I used a rub that I make up from scratch for pork ribs and butts (mostly paprika, sugar, salt and other spices). It came out amazingly well and i will be doing that again. The sugar gives it a nice crust/bark on the salmon.

I gotta tell you - not sure if others have experienced this - but i have gotten the most positive feedback on grilled salmon when i use plain 'ol Lawrey's Garlic Salt.
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI