Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Shake n Bake Chicken  (Read 1876 times)

clarissa

• WKC Brave
Shake n Bake Chicken
« on: September 01, 2017, 02:52:15 PM »

Made some chicken thighs on the grill tonight. Breaded them and placed on sheet in center with coal holders on the sides. Came out nice and crispy. Added some Apple Chips to the one basket which gave a nice mild smokey flavor.

Had the chicken with macaroni and potato salads from a local and very popular deli that makes especially good ones that are very home made tasting. A few curried deviled eggs rounded out the picnic style meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: Shake n Bake Chicken
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 03:01:35 PM »
Those look delicious! Nice and crispy.

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 04:04:30 PM »
Thanks........I didn't do flour, just dipped them in egg and then Italian bread crumbs. Makes a very tasty coating.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 06:43:44 PM »
@clarissa , if you like that recipe, you'll love this one....

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/grilling-bbqing/'fried'-chicken/msg280253/#msg280253

my family loves it....a real favorite
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 07:00:10 PM »
Those look and sound great. I'll have to try that. I think you have a poultry obsession. Do you cook anything without feathers? [emoji12]

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 07:28:44 PM »

Those look and sound great. I'll have to try that. I think you have a poultry obsession. Do you cook anything without feathers? [emoji12]

Ha ha, most of my posts and pics do seem to be fowl....because they are so photogenic. I cook a variety of foods but somehow we dig in with no regard for documentation LOL.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 03:48:11 AM »
Those thighs look fantastic! I like the simple egg and bread crumb thing. Gonna have to try that! Did you flip them at all? Chamber temp?
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 06:59:15 AM »

Those thighs look fantastic! I like the simple egg and bread crumb thing. Gonna have to try that! Did you flip them at all? Chamber temp?

I started them with foil under them on the pan, then removed the foil so they weren't sitting in the drippings. As you can see, the pan has holes so the bottoms got nice and crispy like the tops. No need to flip. Pretty much cooked at 400F lid temp.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 04:56:25 AM »
I'm intrigued with that pan. Where did you get it?
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.