Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: K.I.S.S. Chicken legs  (Read 1072 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
K.I.S.S. Chicken legs
« on: September 08, 2017, 10:35:27 PM »
Keep It Simple Stupid. I didn't come up with that phrase, but it's the best phrase I've heard in a while! Lol.
Chicken legs cooked up on "The Caribbean" for my work dinner and the family's dinner tonight.
S&p and garlic powder for the seasoning. That's all. I Lit a half chimney of kbb and dumped over the old coals from yesterday's cook. Seared the chicken legs for a few then placed indirect running all vents open (450ish). I threw some cherry on for a touch of smoke.
I checked the legs at around 30 minutes and they were probing 170-180, so I closed all the vents and started saucing with "Blues Hog" sauce. Let that set up for a couple minutes, flipped and sauced again. Good stuff.

Have a good one, fella's!

This was at the 30ish minute mark when I checked them. That hint of cherry sets a nice color to chicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fedex

• WKC Ranger
Re: K.I.S.S. Chicken legs
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 10:40:03 PM »
Yes Please.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:48:06 PM »
Yeppers that'll work!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 06:03:41 AM »
Legs are always fun to cook.  Great job!  Planning to cook some for football Sunday.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 06:07:08 AM »
Those look amazing! Great color

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow