Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Memorial day cookout  (Read 748 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Memorial day cookout
« on: May 30, 2018, 08:12:00 PM »
Had a cookout at work. Had 5 grills going. Frozen burgers on the redhead and brownie, brats and dogs on the black, vegan burgers on the SJP, and onions on the gasser.

I was initially thinking I was going to run the 3 22s by myself. Thankfully I only had to manage the burgers otherwise I'm sure everything would have ended being burnt. One chimney for each 22. For the burger grills I spread the coals on about half the grate. I didn't realize it would only cover that little but it worked out. I also sprinkled Montreal seasoning on the burgers because why not! I'm not sure anyone noticed but it felt a little more fun adding something to the cook.

For the brats grill one chimney spread across the entire charcoal grate provided a nice medium-low heat to cook all the brats at once.

I finally bought a slide aside for the redhead because it doesn't have a lid hook. I really like it! I also bought an apron. My first Weber swag! This is also the first time I used the birth year brown since acquiring it @Peaspurple . I never cleaned it up aside from an exterior wipe down. I made sure to put oil on the rust spots before cooking. The lid is slightly out of round but fit well enough for grilling.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: Memorial day cookout
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:36:17 PM »
Nice job, JC!

Judging by the number of cars in the parking lot, it appears you ate approximately...what...24 brats by yourself? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 03:18:31 AM »
Nice job, JC!

Judging by the number of cars in the parking lot, it appears you ate approximately...what...24 brats by yourself? [emoji6]

28 brats, 16 dogs, 40 burgers, 24 beers, 16 ciders, 2 games of can jam and corn hole lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 07:54:52 AM »
That’s a lot of food. Looks great!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 09:45:10 AM »
Thanks! I forgot to mention another first: burning myself! My forearm touched the lid over the hot side. Nice big burn. Fortunately it's only a 1st degree burn.