Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Meater  (Read 1850 times)

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Meater
« on: August 31, 2017, 06:54:14 AM »
If you are on other BBQ forums, you may have seen threads about the meater.  Seems like nobody believed it would ever happen and if it did, it wouldn't work.  Well, I received mine and so far (1 cook) it works as advertised.  I did a roti chicken with it and barring a short life, I dig it.

Like I said, I've only used it once.  Clean up was a quick wash with a soapy sponge.  Ease of use is....well, easy.  The app is straight forward and works well.  The only thing I was slightly disappointed with was range. BUT!  If you have a tablet or old phone, you can leave it in range and connect to WiFi and sync with your phone to give full range within your WiFi footprint.

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Meater
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 07:52:19 AM »
whoa they're finally shipping?

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 07:53:44 AM »
still waiting on my block model.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 08:00:18 AM »
whoa they're finally shipping?

I actually got it a few months ago but have been busy/forgot about it/lost interest by the time it arrived.  I'm on the hook for pulled pork for a cousin's baby shower so I'll give it a go on a low & slow cook.  I'll report back with my findings.

still waiting on my block model.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I have no idea when those are going to ship.  I just got the single probe.

duff645

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 11:03:04 AM »
Me too:  waiting on my blocker of 4 probes. Received an email from Louis (apption labs) that they are planning to ship the blockers "early Q4". Keeping my fingers crossed (since I have four rotisserie shelves going on my non-Weber smoker)
ad fumant, condimentum in, ut serviant

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 04:35:52 PM »
Awesome!!!!  I'm also waiting for my 4 meater block.  Glad to see it worked well for a rotisserie cook @Bubblehead!  That is exactly why I bought it!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 04:55:31 PM »
Rotisserie cooks are what I mainly bought it for but I'm going to try it for high heat and low and slow. Just to see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 06:56:20 PM »
Ok, I'll bite. What's a meater? I'm guessing it's a wireless probe that connects to a receiver somehow?

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 09:28:38 PM »
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 02:11:42 AM »
That looks really awesome and promising. My only questions are how easily are the probes damaged? How much to replace a probe? Everything is powered by rechargeable AAA batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 02:14:19 AM »
Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 02:45:36 AM »
That looks really awesome and promising. My only questions are how easily are the probes damaged? How much to replace a probe? Everything is powered by rechargeable AAA batteries?

This is a product that has been somewhat contriversial. It's showed up on kickstarter and I think indigogo? It was more than 2 years late, if memory serves. They are shipping mow so there is very little info on performance and durability. I'm going to start putting mine through the paces. If it's wonderful, I'll get the block. If not, I lost 60 bucks.

We shall see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 07:05:57 AM »
I love the idea. I'm assuming there's a battery in that probe, but I don't see a AAA fitting in there, and batteries don't like heat. Hmmm

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 07:14:40 AM »
I'll be watching for your reviews as it sounds promising. I'd love to get the block and be able to monitor my temps from any internet connection without wires.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.