Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Honey Bourbon Pork Chops  (Read 1135 times)

Jason

• WKC Ranger
Honey Bourbon Pork Chops
« on: August 10, 2017, 08:49:01 PM »
I got off work kinda early today, so I decided to stop by Cardiff Seaside Market and grab some groceries for dinner. Tri-Tip is my usual go-to from this place, but wanted something different tonight. I settled on a couple bone-in pork chops. These were marinaded in a honey bourbon sauce and looked delicious. The two chops were 1lb++ each, so easily enough for the four of us. I also grabbed some red potatoes and parsley. I already had some fresh, sweet, white corn.

I rolled the potatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper and Weber’s herb and garlic rub.

I roasted the potatoes, indirect, for about an hour, removed from grill and loosely wrapped in foil. I placed them directly next to the hot kettle to stay warm.

I then threw on the chops and a portobello mushroom.

I did a reverse sear on the chops and just guestimated the cook time. I put the potatoes back on for a few minutes, just to get them back up to temp.

Here is my plate, ready to go!

I cheated and just boiled the corn, as I didn’t want to try and cram it all on the grill. I drizzled melted butter on the potatoes and garnished with fresh parsley. After I took that last pic, I sliced up the chop and shared it. My wife said it was a bit too sweet, but she didn’t leave any leftovers lol.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 08:52:13 PM by Jason »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Honey Bourbon Pork Chops
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 01:29:03 AM »
Those are some of the biggest chops Ive seen. Roughly how long did they end up going for?
Great plate, J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:25:52 AM »
Those are some of the biggest chops Ive seen. Roughly how long did they end up going for?
Great plate, J.

+1! Looks like a big bone in ribeye. I think those potatoes look great too. More on the honey bourbon please?

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 06:11:32 AM »
Looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 03:28:35 PM »
Thanks for the positive feedback!

I'd say about 35-40 minutes, with only 4-5 minutes of high heat searing. It was probably close to 400* inside the kettle, with the lid on, for the indirect part.

More on the honey bourbon please?

Although the chops were tasty, the honey bourbon marinade was a bit too sweet for my liking. They had a flavor similar to those maple flavored breakfast sausages.

Erich

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 05:09:55 PM »
Those look really good, but you can never go wrong with Cardiff Crack.