Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Scored a free gasser!  (Read 2067 times)

jperry1907

• WKC Brave
Scored a free gasser!
« on: April 27, 2013, 05:58:33 AM »
Yesterday I saw a CL ad for a free weber propane grill. There were no pics but It was on my way home from work so I called the guy up. Called the guy up and he said he'll hold it for me. I roll up and what do you know, it's a redhead!!!

She needs a little love but I think she'll clean up ok. Needs a need ignition switch, a little high temp paint on the sides of the lid and a good scrub but that's about it.

I don't need a gasser so I'll probably give her new life and sell to a good home. Should be a fun project. Anyone know about how old she is?

Craig

• WKC Mod
Scored a free gasser!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 06:03:31 AM »
Sweet score! Not sure on the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
Re: Scored a free gasser!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 06:28:21 AM »
Look for the serial number, somewhere near the control panel.  It should start with two letters followed by several numbers.  Spell out the word AUTHORIZED then put the number 1 under the A, fill in the rest ending with 0 under the D.  Then if the serial number is ER the date is 96, or 1996. 

Great score, I would keep it because it will only go up in value.  It wasn't that long ago they were giving away the red kettles.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:34:12 AM by reillyranch »

jperry1907

• WKC Brave
Scored a free gasser!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 06:39:50 AM »
Look for the serial number, somewhere near the control panel.  It should start with two letters followed by several numbers.  Spell out the word AUTHORIZED then put the number 1 under the A, fill in the rest ending with 0 under the D.  Then if the serial number is ER the date is 96, or 1996. 

Great score, I would keep it because it will only go up in value.  It wasn't that long ago they were giving away the red kettles.
It's an EI so it looks like a '97. Thanks for the assist Reilly! I have a feeling that I'll want to hang on to it too, especially after I clean her up. My lady probably has different thoughts though 😏

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 06:53:45 AM »
My bride had the same feeling.  Now she prefers it, she does the gas grilling.  It faster and easier than cooking inside, keeps the dishes to a minimum, dosen't heat up the house, kids like the taste better, and she gets to hang outside with the dogs (and an adult beverage) while it grills.

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
Scored a free gasser!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 07:18:42 AM »
Good pick up. There are always seem to be good deals on CL on gas grills. I have been tempted a few times, but I have an older genesis that I am currently rehabbing. Still may pick up up a summit one of these days if I find one close to home.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 04:25:53 PM »
Heres are soime sites for parts info. If that has the 13 flavor bars, you will really enjoy it!
All the new ones only have 5. I think they flare up more than the older grills.

http://www.grillparts.com/default.htm

http://www.gasgrills.com/weber.htm
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..