Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ol' Faithfuls  (Read 1259 times)

RedWeberWanabe

• Smokey Joe
Ol' Faithfuls
« on: July 09, 2017, 05:46:34 AM »
Bought one for spare parts, ended up using them both any ways.  Was trying to find a reason to being out the Smokey Joe's too. This worked good enough.  lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Ol' Faithfuls
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:49:13 AM »
Geez....lookie the size of that STEAK !!!!

Welcome Here!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 06:32:45 AM »
The old beaters cook just as well as the shiny ones... sometimes even better!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 11:15:27 AM »
Awesome cook! and welcome aboard!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 12:11:43 PM »
Bought one for spare parts, ended up using them both any ways.  Was trying to find a reason to being out the Smokey Joe's too. This worked good enough.  lol

I sink husk corn in a bucket of cool water for 30-40 minutes and then place corn still in husk on the grill. No burnt marks on kernels. What you have we call fried corn. Then when removed from grill peel the husk back and hold husk with corn cob still attached. No mess on my hands. This is a boy scout trick because we often ate sitting on the ground.

RedWeberWanabe

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 07:40:53 PM »

I sink husk corn in a bucket of cool water for 30-40 minutes and then place corn still in husk on the grill. No burnt marks on kernels. What you have we call fried corn. Then when removed from grill peel the husk back and hold husk with corn cob still attached. No mess on my hands. This is a boy scout trick because we often ate sitting on the ground.
The only corn around here was offered already shucked.  I will have to remember this for next time.  thanks @captainhook455

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 10:17:14 AM »
That corn looks awesome!
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 10:10:52 AM »

The only corn around here was offered already shucked.  I will have to remember this for next time.  thanks @captainhook455

Wow posted 2 days ago. Here is another way to get corn off the cob.lol.