Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoked pork loin with friends  (Read 1035 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Smoked pork loin with friends
« on: July 09, 2017, 07:29:13 PM »
I'd been eying pork loins at the supermarket and I finally pulled the trigger on a mid sized one today.  I decided to treat it like a large rack of ribs and use some rib rub and sauce I already had on hand and smoke it in the WSM, but only take it to 145 degrees before pulling it to rest.

I gave it some thought while it was cooking and since the temperature probe was in the narrow end, I put the sauce on at 145 degrees and pulled it off and let it rest for an hour at 150, to give some safety margin for the larger end.  While it was resting, the performer got fired up for some roast cast iron potatoes.

Finally, when it was all ready, we are.

The rest of the evening was spent sitting around the fire shooting the breeze as the sun went down.

The food and the company were both great and it was the perfect way to finish off the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

einrej

• WKC Ranger
Re: Smoked pork loin with friends
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 04:41:45 AM »
Looks good. I never have made a pork loin in my smoker but I do them on my Roti often. They turn out great with only a little effort.
Family, 1954-55 Weber Bros Metal Works Kettle,
1979 A-code Redhead 22, 1983 E-code Black 22, & a Rowley Miracle Fire Maker

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 04:45:58 AM »
Sounds great. Smoked pork loin is one of my favorites.  It looks very juicy.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 05:38:15 AM »
I have a pork loin that I am still deciding what to do with it. This looks delicious and gives me some ideas.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 09:20:01 AM »
Sounds great. Smoked pork loin is one of my favorites.  It looks very juicy.

It turned out beautifully.  The loin was very tender and juicy.  I was worried because I always find loin chops to be very lean and they get dry and chewy very easily but the whole loin cooked low and slow was totally the opposite.  I'll definitely be doing this again.

Looks good. I never have made a pork loin in my smoker but I do them on my Roti often. They turn out great with only a little effort.

How do you prepare them for the rotisserie?  I've been thinking about stuffing one and cooking it on the rotisserie but decided to smoke it instead since I didn't have much time to prepare and had rub and sauce on hand already.