Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Onlyfire Pizza Oven Kit for 22-1/2 Inches Kettle Grill  (Read 2974 times)

Final Pythagoras

• Smokey Joe
Onlyfire Pizza Oven Kit for 22-1/2 Inches Kettle Grill
« on: June 17, 2017, 07:31:05 PM »
I just got this new pizza kit which includes 22.5" stainless steel sleeve, a 15" cordierite stone and 14*16" aluminum pizza peel and a high-temp thermometer.   The price did go up a bit,  but I got it on Amazon Prime for than $100, even though it lists for $199.

I have not used it yet, but it's a nice one piece stainless steel sleeve with nice handles, and a high temp thermometer.   The lip is formed, and there are no sharp parts at all.   It fit perfectly... very snug, and it came with the risers to lift the grill to match the sleeve.  Here are some pics, and I will update when I try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Onlyfire Pizza Oven Kit for 22-1/2 Inches Kettle Grill
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 03:56:52 AM »

Interesting.  Appears to have a nice snug fit … I like that.  Keep us posted on the performance.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 04:48:09 AM »
I like how it fits on the kettle, with the lip over the outside rim of the bowl.  Much better design than the new Weber rotisserie that is crimped and fits inside the bowl. I can speak from experience that
Weber's can shift, move and tilt when being loaded. Also looks to provide for a much better seal.

Here is a recent thread with some spirited debate regarding regarding this exact Only Fire pizza accessory (Chinese manufacturing vs US manufacturing and intellectual property rights)

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/pizza-forum/onlyfire/
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Final Pythagoras

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 04:49:34 AM »
I will be doing that...also the pictures don't show the risers that come with it, but it lifts the grate up so you can keep the pizza flat.  I think we will try it soon.

Final Pythagoras

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 04:55:48 AM »
Thanks for pointing this out.   I work in high tech, so I'm sure the debate in IP will go on for a while.  I'll leave that up to the courts...if someone violated, then they will have to pay treble damages on every sale.  We have recovered even in Chinese courts.  From a mechanical standpoint, I don't think this design will warp, but the proof is in the fire.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 04:57:21 AM »
I do like how it looks to fit on the bowl. I agree, I wish weber rotisserie fit like that.