Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer hunt and observations  (Read 780 times)

Biff

• Happy Cooker
Performer hunt and observations
« on: June 18, 2017, 10:05:51 AM »
I have been searching CL for a low mileage Performer now for a couple of weeks. But, in the meantime I purchased a used OTG cooker to get dialed in on a 22" grill.
Mr. Weber either was very short or his grills must tip over easily. I have my OTG up on 8" blocks so I don't strain my old back (29"+8"=37", top of bottom bowl, TBB).
The Performer is taller at 32"TBB, but still short of being standard counter height for adult humans (36"). Also I have seen two of these in person now and the plastic tables on both units were total eyesores.
Is there a mod for  4" lift kit, and affordable table fix?

Thanks in advance
This site has been very helpful to my cooking goals

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Performer hunt and observations
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 10:11:10 AM »
Weber stopped selling and using the plastic table. You can now get a metal table or build a custom one. Search the site for these mods.
As for a lift, That's going to be something you will likely have to do on your own or better yet, build a custom cart and drop in the Performer parts..
Good luck with it.
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Cellar2ful

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 02:01:40 PM »

@Biff - Here is a recent thread with great photos of what I believe is a vintage original table in Australia. Best design I have seen and it easily breaks down for storage.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/22'-wood-work-tables/msg304599/?topicseen#msg304599
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 02:47:46 PM »
Been at it for over two years, and finally brought home a performer last week. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Still need a 22” yellow