Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Picanha  (Read 866 times)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Picanha
« on: June 21, 2017, 12:34:30 AM »

I had been wanting to do Picanha since the first time I heard about it or saw it. That thought intensified after the first time I ate some at the Brazilian place that opened up. Thing is, I had a devil of a time finding the right meat. Sirloins come in cap off here at Sams and Costco. The guys at the local butcher shops just acted all confused when I talked to them about about it. Kroger has sirloin cap steaks, but all the fat has been trimmed off. I finally found a place that would sell me the entire sirloin cap, so the game was on.

Next problem was that we didn't camp where I thought we would, and where we did camp, there was no electricity. I brought an inverter with me so I could run the rotisserie off my van's battery.

Cook was done over Royal Oak lump. Ended up with a total of 5 nice pieces and 1 little hunk out of the whole cap. Everyone loved it. Did run into a problem with the rotisserie rod though. As seen in the photo, the forks were too big so they were pointless. The meat stayed on the rod well enough, but slicing the meat off the sides was difficult. Definitely need to find a different rod/skewer set up to do this in the future.