Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First ribs/Low n slow cook  (Read 954 times)

kmart-88

• Happy Cooker
First ribs/Low n slow cook
« on: June 13, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »
 Thought I'd share the results from my first low n slow. I was a little worried that day to get it done cuz it was very windy but luckily no issues.

I did a couple racks of baby backs for almost 6 hours total with no refuelling whatsoever with the snake method. I rocked it all day between 225-250 steady with no issues whatsoever. Top vents open fully and bottom about half way.

For the ribs I just cleaned them up and rubbed them with a bit of EVOO and the KC BBQ rub by Weber. Really great rub by the way if you've never tried it. Nice that's it's just available at grocery stores near by.

After almost 2.5 hours of smoke. Took them off here and did a wrap in foil for 1 hour then back on after that for another 2 hours pretty much.

Basically done here

Obligatory beer and grill pic, post saucing

Pre-destruction

Post-destruction

Leftovers

Can't wait to do another long cook!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: First ribs/Low n slow cook
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 06:43:22 PM »
Congrats! They look great. That snake method is hard to beat for those long cooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WMT

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 06:44:06 PM »
Looks great. Last ribs I do was the first time I tried the snake method and it worked great. Looks like it worked pretty good for you to according to the left overs

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 08:33:08 PM »
Whoah very nice!! I have yet to try the snake method but perhaps for my next low & slow I'll give it a shot. Those look like they were delicious!
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 03:51:49 AM »
Delish!
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow