Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First 3 wheeler cook  (Read 1504 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
First 3 wheeler cook
« on: June 09, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »
Some may remember the post regarding the red patent pending gifted to me by a few members here, if not the link is below and for the new guys this is just one example of many showing how awesome this club is.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=63141&share_tid=27455&url=http%3A%2F%2Fweberkettleclub%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D27455&share_type=t

Today I decided to step out of my comfort zone on the OTG and use this old grill. A quick razor to the bowl and then I loaded the slow n sear with Royal Oak Chef's Select. I lit a full chimney to burn in the red patent pending that I just got from a trade with @indy82z and took a few lit and set them in the SnS.

Both of these redheads have character and issues but they still cook. Running hot because I don't think the bowl vents are right fitting and getting a good seal. On the 18 they don't close off all the way but it'll still make a great grilling machine. I'll throw corn on the cob on the 18 and maybe some potatoes. Gonna be a good night. Thanks again to all that helped me get these cookers. I may start hunting for more red MBH now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: First 3 wheeler cook
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 10:16:12 AM »
Those redheads look good, ribs do too.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 10:26:04 AM »
That looks great, man. Those are some sweet reds.
I remember that story. One of the best in my opinion about how good these club members are.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
First 3 wheeler cook
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:10:12 PM »
Nice pair of cookers.  Ribs on a mbh always taste better [emoji4]

The sns looks like the perfect tool for banked cooks on old colored kettles.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 12:32:31 PM »
The grate straps are lower in the bowl so the grate is uneven. I'd consider buying the ABC stainless SnS basket for the old cookers.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 12:49:07 PM »
Nice pair, thanks for sharing, @kettlebb.

Was beginning to wonder if we'd ever see that red MBH again. 

Three-wheelers are fun.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 01:05:08 PM »
Nice pair, thanks for sharing, @kettlebb.

Was beginning to wonder if we'd ever see that red MBH again. 

Three-wheelers are fun.

You'll be seeing more of this pair for sure.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 05:09:07 PM »
Finished ribs

Some may say I'm crazy but I'm not too happy with these. I like a little bite to my ribs still on the bone. These fell apart when I took them off, no wrapping, and cooked at a higher temp than normal. The wife loves em. Maybe 3 wheelers do cook better.....

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 06:25:56 AM »
Finished ribs

Some may say I'm crazy but I'm not too happy with these. I like a little bite to my ribs still on the bone. These fell apart when I took them off, no wrapping, and cooked at a higher temp than normal. The wife loves em. Maybe 3 wheelers do cook better.....

Lottsa folk love them falling off the bone. Some don't. I like a little tug, butt I wood knot turn those puppies away... grate job!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 06:45:58 AM »
Those turned out nice! Sweet red too!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 07:24:00 AM »
Look at that color from the smoke. Those look great. I prefer a little tug to but like hawgheaven says, a lot of people prefer them fall of the bone. It's better to be too tender than too tough. How long did you cook them for?

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
First 3 wheeler cook
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 08:00:17 AM »
These were on for 6 hours. We had to go run some errands so I left them unattended for about 2.5 hours. The rack was also over 4 lbs and a lot of fat. Usually buy meat at Kroger but these came from ALDI.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 08:07:33 AM »
Have not done ribs in a while. Now I gotta go get some ribbage... YUM!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2017, 10:11:12 AM »
Sweet. Tonight I'm going to start a brisket.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 10:30:53 AM »
I like pork chops and chicken parts at aldi but haven't tried their ribs yet. This only because they actually cost more than sams club. Sams is the best deal for spares and bb's in my area.