Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Q320  (Read 1377 times)

ricardomagana

• Happy Cooker
Weber Q320
« on: May 27, 2017, 08:10:40 PM »
Scored a mint 5 year old one on CL for $100.

Any tips? Advise?

I'm s prior Spirit 220 owner. Hated that for quick brats, hot dogs.

Heard Qs were more consistent.

Figured for a $100 I'd give propane a try again. If I hate it - sell it for a few more than what I paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Q320
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 03:56:39 PM »
I have the Q3200 which is the newer model. The version I have comes with the porcelain coated cast iron grates.  If you do not have this you might want to upgrade if your grates are the older cast iron grates that tend to rust.  When you open propane gas tank valve it is best to let it sit for at least 1 minute before lighting.  It is necessary to build pressure for the burners to function properly.  Weber may have more on this on their site. This grill might make you forget you have kettle. 

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 02:55:30 AM »
Won't !take you forget you have a kettle, but the q has its place. I use it when time is short and don't have time to get the charcoal lit.

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 11:36:06 AM »
I had a Q320 and it was great for quick cooks, but I had to rehome it when I saw my mother had a rusted out Char-Broil grill in her back yard.

What kind of son would I be to leave her stuck in a situation like that. I couldn't sleep at night. ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:37:35 PM by AZRaptor »
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

ricardomagana

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 08:26:46 PM »
Brats, corn dogs and burgers ....so far and way better than a Stainless Spirit.

Just like I imagined, this thing heats up quick, maintains temp and it's very even.

Our back yard is in a newer Southern MN backyard where it's always windy and there are no mature trees to break the wind.

The huge gap in back of the Spirit would let in way too much wind.

The cocoon style with two small gaps is way better in my situation.

Best $100 spent to throw quick meals on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk