Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pot roast on the Crimson  (Read 900 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Pot roast on the Crimson
« on: May 18, 2017, 03:36:21 PM »
Cooked a simple pot roast with carrots, potatoes and onions.  @clarissa the other day asked how to cook one.  Just so happened I was in the midst prepping a chuck roast.  Salt and peppered each side.  Lightly smoked it for an hour with apple wood  (30 min on each side).  Then placed in a large aluminum pan with beef broth, red wine, and a small can of petite diced tomatoes.  Covered with foil and cooked at 350 for an hour.  After that first hour I added the veggies and recovered and cooked for another hour and half (some times it takes another two hours) until the meat can be pulled apart and the vegetables are soft.  Great recipe and a real crowd pleaser.  A good demo of this is a video by Malcom Reed.  He uses a UDS but you can adapt this to a kettle.

Used the brick and bank set up.

Added the braising liquid

Covered with foil

Used an oven thermometer to monitor temperature.  Why you ask?

Because you should never trust the lid thermometer

Added veggies.  Just throw em in there!

Time to eat!  I pulled some to show the smoke ring.   

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

clarissa

• WKC Brave
Re: Pot roast on the Crimson
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 03:44:44 PM »
Thanks a million for that. Sure does look great. I will give it a try very soon and report back. Have to get my roast still.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pot roast on the Crimson
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:42:58 AM »
Man, that looks good! I like using some dark beer as well for the braising liquid.
Thanks Dave. Now I'm hungry again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk