Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My First Plank  (Read 1188 times)

clarissa

• WKC Brave
My First Plank
« on: May 04, 2017, 02:55:17 PM »
Up till now the only Plank I knew was part of my fitness routine lol. So, tonight I made cedar planked salmon using indirect heat and it came out great. Can't believe I only took a before/before pic and a really after/after one.

The salmon was from Costco

And the family sat down to devour it in the blink of an eye. This shot is just was was left before my hubby's second helping. But you get the idea. Salmon, baby potatoes and asparagus.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

vverewolf

• Smokey Joe
Re: My First Plank
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 03:06:30 PM »
Looks great. Did you precook the spuds before planking them?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 04:51:14 PM »
Looks real good! I like the pesto add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 02:51:09 AM »
The veggies were placed on the plank for the pic because we ate the salmon without getting the camera out. I did par boil the potatoes then sautéed them on the grill to get a little color.  Asparagus cooked entirely on the grill with olive oil and garlic. They were the skinniest ones I ever bought, but were good. I added a dollop of the seasoned butter to fish after it was cooked and some to the potatoes. 

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 03:58:52 AM »
Looks grate
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 04:39:20 AM »
Why I love leftovers.......my cedar plank salmon and baby potatoes.......combined with eggs and whole grain English muffins. Perfect breakfast for hubby and myself. And just enough leftover to be satisfying.

Thrillho

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 06:46:52 AM »
For some reason, growing up I loathed left overs. Groaned anytime my mom pulled them out of fridge for dinner. Now that I'm older and have kids of my own, I absolutely love leftovers. *Fingers Crossed* my kids don't hate them like I did form some inexplicable reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 05:21:34 PM »
I think what is important is not to re cook the leftovers, but just warm them up.

clarissa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 08:10:57 PM »
I agree......just warm it up unless you want to caramelize a bit.

I often make hash with leftover meats and potatoes...... corned beef of course, but lamb hash, chicken or turkey, pork.......hash is great with eggs. But we also reheat sliced meatloaf, pot roast, fish etc in the fry pan as part of breakfast.  Leftover veggies are great in an omelet.