Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Random Cooks  (Read 993 times)

Grizzle_Vizzle

• Smokey Joe
Random Cooks
« on: May 03, 2017, 11:51:33 AM »
Hi all,

I have saved up some pics for a while now, and noticed no one has posted for a few days, so here's a little unload to keep everyone entertained.

The beef butt I posted about before, but the pictures wouldn't load.  Did it sous vide for 24 hrs before smoking for a few hours. Good but not great. Photo is from the next day.

I find this photo a bit disturbing, but also pretty funny. A few chickens and some eggs to be deviled.

Brined one of them to see the difference. (To see if I should brine in the future). The brined one was much better, though I think I put the probe in the brined one so the non-brined probably got to a much higher IT than it would have normally. The eggs were just okay this time around - they're usually great.

Some pork tenderloin. Sous vide for 4 hrs at 135, and then hot sear in the center of the performer. It was fantastic.

Some ribs ready for smoke.

Was a great meal. Flavor on the ribs was unreal (Spring Creek BBQ rub is awesome) but the texture could be improved (couldn't get silver skin off, for starters).

Just posted to show a cool idea I stole from a restaurant. Stab a nappa cabbage with a bunch of skewers and then chop into individual skewers. Marinate in typical Asian stuff (mirin, soy, sesame oil, etc.) grill over direct heat.

Made some Chinese lamb skewers (chuar) for a midnight snack for my fiancée birthday party. For the meat I followed this recipe: http://omnivorescookbook.com/xinjiang-lamb-skewers/
Taking her advice, I got lamb shoulder and cooked it as close to the coals as possible by placing the center of the rack directly on the charcoal baskets. Worked like a charm. Everyone thought they were awesome, though it could have been the beer talking.

Hope everyone is getting some good grilling time in as the weather has been getting nicer!

Cheers,
Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love my Copper-Topped Performer Premium

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Random Cooks
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 12:41:10 PM »
Nice cooks, thanks for sharing. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 01:18:04 PM »
Love the cabbage idea. Nice cooks

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »
Those are all some very nice cooks [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 10:38:21 PM »
Very nice cookups. I gotta do that cabbage skewer trick. Thanks.

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 03:29:07 AM »
Everything looks tasty. Love that copper.