Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The lawn's mowed and the barbecue's lit  (Read 887 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
The lawn's mowed and the barbecue's lit
« on: May 03, 2017, 06:14:04 PM »

Off in the distance the black performer's lighting up. Pork chops and sweet potato wedges are slated to go on it as soon as the charcoal's ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: The lawn's mowed and the barbecue's lit
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 06:43:46 PM »
The yard looks great with those lights. Very nice.

Thrillho

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 06:47:27 PM »
What is your go to chop technique?

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 05:19:05 AM »
I ended up going for coffee with a friend after cutting the grass so I didn't have a chance to get the patio furniture back where it belongs which is why it's strewn all over the place wherever it got moved out of the way of the lawnmower.  But, with the late start to cooking after that coffee, I got to turn on the lighting I rigged up late last fall for the first time this year and enjoy relaxing in one of the chairs while the barbecue lit up and I made dinner.

@Thrillho my chop technique is pretty much the same as the way I cook steaks.  I put a rub on them and let them stand while getting everything else ready.  Then I sear both sides quickly for about three minutes each and then cook them indirectly until done.  This usually works quite well.  It's kind of hard to see since it's night time but you can kind of tell how I positioned the grill to maximize distance between it and all the houses.  I did learn a couple o things last night though:    Club House Pork seasoning is more mild than I'd like.  It might work on chicken though so I'll have to try that some time but I really prefer the bold Cluck & Squeal on pork chops.  The sweet potato wedges should've been put on a lot earlier or parboiled...notes for next time...

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
The lawn's mowed and the barbecue's lit
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 05:24:22 AM »
Give weber kickin chicken a try on pork chops sometime. I think it's fantastic combo