Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sous Vide Brisket Experiment  (Read 943 times)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Sous Vide Brisket Experiment
« on: April 09, 2017, 06:06:36 PM »
All I can say is YUUUMMMMM. 8)  Picked up a brisket from Costco and cut it in half and used the flat for the sous vide experiment. Here's what I did.
Seasoned the brisket with S&P. Heavy oak smoke on the performer using the S&S no water. This smoked for 4.5 hours; I actually wanted to smoke it less but found out I was out of vacuum bags so had to run to the store. Double bagged it just so I could reduce the likelihood of a seal failing while sous vide. Sous Vide temp set at 165 and cooked for 24 hours. Then patted dry, added a little more S&P then 20 secs or so each side on the hot grill (it broke during the flip). Tasted like it was smoked the whole time. Some pics of the process.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Sous Vide Brisket Experiment
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 06:17:47 PM »
I got a point I'm gonna start sous vide Thursday for Saturday lunch. I'm gonna smoke 3-4 hrs in the karubeque then sous vide. I'm hoping for stellar results. You give me hope that I will indeed have a positive result. Good cook up bud.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 06:18:26 PM »
I'll have to do this also, haven't used my Anova in a while...LOOKS AWESOME!!!  Thanks.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »
Rippin' good cook right there.....the crumble tells it was slightly overdone, but in the case of tenderizing w/ the water bath, don't think it matters like it would with a regular cook......

P.S.: personal opinion is that the Orange Thermopen made the difference..... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 07:15:21 AM »
One thing I'd do differently next time is to smoke at a lower temp and see how that turns out. That'll be experiment #2.

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 05:11:00 PM »
Looks pretty damned good!
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie