Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rib Roast On The Simpson's 22  (Read 698 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Rib Roast On The Simpson's 22
« on: April 09, 2017, 10:57:11 PM »
Bought a standing rib roast and removed the ribs and trimmed her up-

Rubbed it down with Olive Oil and rubbed with Rosemary and Garlic and then some Montreal Steak Seasoning. Tied the roast with butchers twine to get it uniformly cylindrical in shape and wrapped in saran wrap and put in the fridge for a couple hours-

Set up the Simpson's 22 with the snake method using cherry and pecan wood (thanks @JEBIV). I also rubbed the removed Beef rib and tossed it on along side the Roast.

Once it hit 120 internal gave it a little sear rotating it over the coals.
Brought it up to 124 and wrapped it in foil for an hour while the woman of the house prepared some potatoes.

Deliciousness

Pink edge to edge -

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Rib Roast On The Simpson's 22
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 11:20:03 PM »
Looks great man! I miss these early morning post when I'm having a couple jack in the box tacos... I guess work season is back in the swing. How was your time off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Rib Roast On The Simpson's 22
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 02:17:40 AM »
Looks great man! I miss these early morning post when I'm having a couple jack in the box tacos... I guess work season is back in the swing. How was your time off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks buddy. I'm actually off but woke up in the middle of the night.

Going to a 1PM Sox-Detroit game today, psyched!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM