Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: CHRISTMAS in February!!!!  (Read 1502 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
CHRISTMAS in February!!!!
« on: February 28, 2017, 07:29:51 AM »
Few interesting scores all within last 5 days I wanted to share.

#1. Free score on Sunday night (2 days ago).  10 mins. away from my place for pick up.

Brand new Weber Genesis gas- SS side tables. The person built custom outdoor kitchen area with a brand new Genesis, and thse were left over stuff he wanted gone.
I could butt both together as shown and make a small table. Ereplacement.com have these at $72.90 usd for each. Also, at the last minute, the person included spare original Smoke lid as he has the Warranty replaced lid. He said small rust area at the back but I can not see any defeat on it. I am replacing my SS lid to this Smoke.

#2. Free score picked up yesterday.

Coleman NXT100 portable gas grill. It was posted on Sunday. They were moving and wanted gone. I replied on Sunday but it looked like someone else got it. The ad was gone after. I was mainly interested in parts to be used on my future projects including the folding legs.  Surprise!, I get a response yesterday to come and pickup as it looked like someone backed out or unable to pick up in time.
Working grill with 15000 btu output. 3 coleman 1lb tanks included. Wasn't expecting it, but is in really good condition. Not sure if I should just clean it up and use it as a spare gas or raid the parts for my projects or give it to a family member to use.

#3. Last Thursday good deal score

For the price of 1 pizza peel, I got all this. The Green Egg Thermometer missing the receiver but I can still monitor both meat and grate temp without opening the lid for now till I get the Smoke thermometer. The transmitter read out works great including both probes. All checked and ready to go.
New Lodge Dutch oven lid lifter and stand are also nice as I did not buy them with my 12" and 14" Dutch oven purchase a month ago. All other stuff including 2 new Green Egg pizza peel will also come in handy for my #4 score.

#4. Last but not the least. My Kettle Pizza has arrived today. Big thanks to chiku18 from Florida for making this happen. He has been outstanding. In dealing with him, I can vouch for his integrity. I would have no issues buying and selling with him.

All in all, very good week so far.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:28:18 PM by greenweb »

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Few free scores and few good deals score this week.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 08:31:18 AM »
CHRISTMAS in February!!!!  SWEET!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 09:15:36 AM »
Nice scores all around, Greenweb. There was a member selling the genesis Grilling center cabinets that might work well for those side tables.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 09:47:01 AM »
Thanks! I am happy with all of them. The Coleman works great and no rust anywhere. I would not mind at least taking the fold down legs with the SS side covers to make a table, but maybe I will clean it up and use it as is.  My Gasser with the lid replaced. I would replace the side tables too but mine has side burner.

Before:

After:  I might have to bring out the Smoke MT to match this. Overall happy with the result for free.

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
Re: Few free scores and few good deal scores this week.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 01:34:25 PM »
Those little Colemans aren't too bad.  My buddy tailgates with one of the newer versions of what looks like the same thing, and at Pats games up here, you basically only see those, weber products (mostly Qs, some kettles, and the occasional full sized gasser) ... and other people huddled around various POS grills trying to get them to light and stay lit.  I'd say keep it intact and either use it, gift it, or sell it.   Nice scores!

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 02:23:53 PM »

#4. Last but not the least. My Kettle Pizza has arrived today. Big thanks to chiku18 from Florida for making this happen. He has been outstanding. In dealing with him, I can vouch for his integrity. I would have no issues buying and selling with him.

Thank you @greenweb for kind words!!! I will say you were awesome (and patient), covered the cost/shipping and also went above/beyond sending some nice gifts.

Looking for Colored 18 MBH

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 02:36:52 PM »
Are those casters direct replacements for performers?  More info please. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 03:55:34 PM »
Are those casters direct replacements for performers?  More info please. 

Yes, direct replacement with rubber wheels. Here is a set on my SSP.  I got some locally on clearance. Not sure where else you would get them.

Thank you @greenweb for kind words!!! I will say you were awesome (and patient), covered the cost/shipping and also went above/beyond sending some nice gifts.

NP at all! Not a true gift if I let you cover the shipping for I am sending. :) Enjoy! and let see them on your Performer.   :) :) :)

Those little Colemans aren't too bad.  My buddy tailgates with one of the newer versions of what looks like the same thing, and at Pats games up here, you basically only see those, weber products (mostly Qs, some kettles, and the occasional full sized gasser) ... and other people huddled around various POS grills trying to get them to light and stay lit.  I'd say keep it intact and either use it, gift it, or sell it.   Nice scores!

I will clean it up and keep it as is. I like to use it few times and most likely gift it. Thanks!

I just missed out on the biggest score ever tonight. Big Green Egg bought 5yeas ago for $1600. Selling because he is moving to a downtown condo with no balcony for $100. Someone got a real nice deal.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:26:45 PM by greenweb »

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
Few free scores and few good deal scores this week.
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 12:49:58 PM »
@greenweb  - here are the photos of handle on performer and some salmon cook. I will say this handle looks very sharp and now I need to order few from Brian .

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:24:22 PM by chiku18 »
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 01:41:42 PM »
^^^ Your Performer looks great with the handle. Salmon cook looks great too.

You can't go wrong with Zav handles. They are all beautiful work of art. I am so addicted to his handles.... I just ordered some more as he got hold of few more interesting wood. I'd say go for it!

CHRISTMAS in February!!!!  SWEET!

I like this! I am revising the title to this. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:25:15 PM by greenweb »