Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Apple wood smoked pork meatballs  (Read 1207 times)

Cellar2ful

Apple wood smoked pork meatballs
« on: February 16, 2017, 07:01:26 PM »

"Captain Jack Barrow".  That was the name of our pig this year.  For the last 5 years, we along with a large group of friends, buy several pigs grown by local 4H kids. We get them at auction at the County Fair and have them butchered to all of our personal requests. We only get 1/4 of a pig as they run about 400lbs.   One of the butchered items we request, along with pork chops, ribs and pork butt is ground pork.  We use it in making lasagna, meatloaf and meatballs.  Tonight Mrs Cellar2ful made meatballs using our homegrown garlic, parsley, oregano and ground pork from Captain Jack Barrow. I cooked them indirect using some small chunks of apple wood for smoke.  They were out of this world. The pasta was mixed with the saute' mushrooms and a fresh pesto sauce.  I highly recommend you try this if you have never smoked meatballs for pasta.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
Re: Apple wood smoked pork meatballs
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 07:11:27 PM »
Love me some meatballs and the smoke only makes them better. We've got a hog going to be slaughtered pretty soon, ourselves. Looks like a very tasty supper.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 06:23:28 AM »
Man that looks amazing!  Smoked meatballs...why not!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 07:19:40 AM »
Absolutely love mixing the flavor of smoked meat with pasta.  Tried it a year or so ago, and can't go back!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 06:23:00 AM »
Looks delicious.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 05:22:41 PM »
I never smoked meatballs before but I love to grill them around the Vortex...