Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: East Coast Cold Snap  (Read 774 times)

Geezer

• WKC Brave
East Coast Cold Snap
« on: February 04, 2017, 09:17:58 AM »
Yep, cold day here on the east coast.  The wife said it's stew weather so we started slicin' and dicin' and threw another stew in the pot.  Y'all may be tired of seeing these but we don't get tired eating them.  Simple and easy to make.  A pot of rice, some cornbread, and a cherry cobbler.  Gonna be better than a bacon sandwich!

Here's the stew.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: East Coast Cold Snap
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 10:21:17 AM »
Love it, Geezer. Veggie stew? What's the liquid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 11:59:38 AM »
Looks good but it's hard to beat a bacon sandwich!

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 02:02:31 PM »
Love it, Geezer. Veggie stew? What's the liquid?

Veggie?  Please!  There's 2 shoulder roasts in there, cut up into abut 1 inch cubes.  Also, taters, onions, a bell pepper, and some carrots.  A little salt and pepper and the liquid is V8 juice.  The photo is just when it went on the grill, the liquid cooks down some.  I cook around 3 hours using the snake method.  It's simple to make and very tasty.
That is a 10 quart pot and it is pretty heavy before filling it up.  I put my Vortex on the charcoal grate and then put the cooking grate on.  The Vortex is the perfect height and supports the grate under the pot.  I don't think the cooking grate would survive with all that weight on it without the Vortex.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 02:25:19 PM »
@Geezer Sorry! Just saw the veggies in the pic. I love a veggie stew!  No worries. So, the vortex will actually support the grate of a Dutch? That's good to know. We always take our 12 qt with us when camping, but I think I've only done it on a kettle once, and noticed it wasn't happy. Normally, just cook on the ground. Thanks!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 04:48:20 PM »
That looks great! Now I want to do the same.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!