Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Aldi chops  (Read 1264 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Aldi chops
« on: December 16, 2016, 10:14:40 AM »
I got off work early and hadn't eaten. I decided to stop by Aldi's for pork chops. I picked up a package of assorted chops with bone in. They are only $7 and had 8 chops. I hadn't cooked assorted since I can remember. They are cut very thin which is key.  Maybe 1/2" before cooked?

You gotta try these with killer hogs hot rub cooked on direct heat with a piece of applewood in the coal.  Unbelievably good. I used the 18 with a 3/4 full chimney. I only left a cold zone of about 25%. I cooked covered but rotated every two or three minutes. I didn't time it but I would guess it took around 15-20 total. I didn't get any action photos but I wasn't expecting to like them so much. Anyways, thin chops, applewood, and killer hogs hot is a match made in heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Aldi chops
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 10:23:47 AM »
This puts the thickness in perspective.

Also, I haven't done any research on this but I think the 18" has just a touch of magic. Seemingly normal things seem to come out special.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 01:38:39 PM »
We are heading to Memphis to visit my sister after Christmas. I'll be stocking up on the killer hogs rub and sauce. They are wonderful on pork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 08:20:09 PM »
Are you going to visit Graceland while there?  I don't remember what year it was but probably late 90's was the last time we were there.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 08:20:42 PM »
Does he have a physical store there?

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 11:17:05 PM »
Love Aldi's.  Wish they were in Arizona.  Cops look tasty!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 02:57:00 AM »
I call'em Poork Chops because they're cheap, but I'm even cheaper....usually geting them out of the rotten meat section.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 03:11:43 AM »
Does he have a physical store there?

No, they are out of Mississippi, but there is a BBQ supply store that carries their rub along with a lot of other top name bbqr's stuff like "The Shed" and "Big Bob Gibsons". I'll get some pics while I'm there.
Never have done the Graceland tour. I here it's ok but expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk