Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Today's CL freebie  (Read 2293 times)

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Today's CL freebie
« on: November 27, 2016, 04:24:44 PM »
I was second in line for this one.

First guy didn't show.
Nice on the outside.... icky on the inside.
I cannot find a model # anywhere on it. Where should it be?
It's gonna need flavorizer bars and some serious cleaning. I don't think I have seen a crustier gasser in person than this one. Drip tray was so crusted it barely came out. Stainless steel grates should be usable. Ad said works good except igniter needs repair. Maybe it will work after being excavated from the crust.[emoji6]

searching for 2 18" straight lip twist ash pans.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Today's CL freebie
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 07:48:02 PM »
Its a genesis Silver B: https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/gasgrillparts/brands/weber/genesis-silver-b-lp-s-s-grates-mica-col--2000-2001.html It should clean up well. Parts should be readily available new or through members.  You can usually find a good deal on the flavorizers on ebay or spring for stainless upgrades if you plan to keep it for a long time.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 04:45:31 AM »
Looking through some old post's this morning I realized I forgot to put up finished pics of this one. I picked this up to restore for my mother in law.
Cleaned it up, replaced the crossover tube and the igniter. Scotch brited and painted upper frame with high heat ultra and the outside of the cookbox and lid. Lower frame and wire shelf repainted in gloss black rust Oleum  to match. Replaced the thermometer and the casters.

searching for 1 18" straight lip twist ash pan.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 11:28:02 AM »
The cleaned up grill looks great. It's a workhorse that will last many more years.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

RSHU

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 11:28:54 AM »
Looks really clean! Great work!

Skinsfan1311

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 10:29:53 AM »
That is a fantastic grill.   I have the same one.  Picked it up at a yard sale for $30.00, 4-5 years ago.  It was garage-kept and covered.  She even threw in a propane tank.  I've had to replace the grill grates, and the flavorizer bars.  I've been nursing along the crossover-burner tube, (the little tube that runs across the ends of the 3 burners, and is utilized to ignite the two back burners), but it's finally deteriorated to the point where I just ordered a replacement.   The burners are in great shape and it's a serious workhorse.   

Our grills look identical, except mine does not have a fold-out table, on the tank side. 
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 07:20:13 PM »
Wow awesome score. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app