Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: In progress  (Read 1252 times)

RumBar

• WKC Brave
In progress
« on: November 26, 2016, 02:38:35 PM »
So at 8:30 this morning while having coffee with my wife she asks me what time she should put the Boston butt in the crock pot, I asked "you thawed one out" and she says yes. I'm asking her if she knows that we have a grill or two sitting around waiting for just such a piece of meat of meat and you want to put it in a crock pot?!?! So for the next hour I'm rubbing the butt and starting the grill. It's now close to 10am and I'm ready to put it on the grill, I push it probe in and reads 36° and I inform my wife it probably won't be done in time for dinner and to prep the thanksgiving left overs. It's currently 6:30 and the grill steady at 246° and the butt temp is 176°. A few more hours and all will be good, the wife and child will be a sleep and I'll be able sample to my hearts content!

I'll update when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: In progress
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 02:58:33 PM »
Crockpot! Good save rumbar. When did you change bowls in the ss? I like the blue corona.
Might want to be careful. Cause if every time she mentions crockpot and you spend the next hour rubbing a butt, she might be mentioning it a lot more!!!  Sorry, sorry, couldn't pass that one up. 😂😂
Looking great bud 👍

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 03:35:10 PM »
Ha! Too funny Travis.
Up to 181° now, had to add some fuel to the snake and break out some Kraken and Dr. Pepper. Could be a long evening but it'll give me time to put up Christmas decorations in the Cook Shack!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 06:55:48 PM »
Wanted 205° butt I'll settle for 200°. Currently 199°.

RumBar

• WKC Brave
In progress
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 06:59:10 PM »
199° is all I could get before running out of coals and I didn't want to add more for a degree or two. It's wrapped in foil and towels in a cooler for the next hour or so then I'll pull and put in the fridge for tomorrow. I did have a small sample and yep it's yummy. I forgot to share a sample with my dog and she's a bit miffed but I'll make it up to her later.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 04:19:14 AM »
Great lookin bark, man. Better make up with the dog and give them a few pieces today when shredding it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 10:34:36 AM »
Ohhhh baby! Looking Good!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM