Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Craigslist Score, First WSM  (Read 5266 times)

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Re: Craigslist Score, First WSM
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2016, 11:51:02 AM »
@kettlebb just keep an eye on CL and snag one. You won't be disappointed.
Still need a 22” yellow

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2016, 01:00:00 PM »
@TheDude if I were to start looking which is better? The 18 or 22 WSM? Guessing you can smoke and save fuel with the 18 vs 22?

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 01:01:52 PM »
Depends on how many you cook for, on a normal basis. My 18" can handle a crowd of 10, no problem.
Still need a 22” yellow

WEBERNV

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2016, 02:03:23 PM »
I finally had a chance to cook on it this weekend. I did a 9 lb pork shoulder, it took 19 hours total and i only had to load fuel once and adjust the vents a handful of times. Of course you can cook the same thing on a kettle but the WSM made life so much eaiser. If you ever come across one for a reasonable price I would pick it up, im sure you would not be disappointed.

Also, I got a cajun bandit door for it. Here is a quick pic with the door installed and my pork shoulder 12 hours in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2016, 07:45:08 PM »
I'll keep an eye out and an ear to the ground. Nice looking pork shoulder.

Crimson Performer Platinum "AH", Red MT "P", Red Mist SSP "EZ", Faded Black "A", Black OTG "DE".
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.