Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 2hr Pork Back Ribs on my Green MT  (Read 1252 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
2hr Pork Back Ribs on my Green MT
« on: September 14, 2016, 07:30:39 PM »
Sobeys had them on sale for $2.99/lb from $5.99.  Naturally, I had to pick some up to try more hot and fast for dinner tonight.

Got few more rubs and sauces to try out.

half with KC bbq rub and other half with Chicago Steak rub.

Usually, 3/4 full chimney charcoal is about right for most cooks.  Warming up the kettle with sweet maple wood burning. ( Have enough sweet maple to  last me few years. I do want to get some apple or cherry wood thou.)  Faint smoke blowing out the vent.  Not sure if the kettle gets darker green when hot or not.

Bottom bent 3/4 open, top full open.  When the fire is hot, I sear ribs to get some color on it. Then I move it over for indirect cook.  Temp stayed just under 450 for a bit then start climbing. Adjusted both vent to keep steady at 400 to 450 max.  After about 1hr mark, I see temp dropping to 300 to 350.  Open both vents back up to keep it at higher temp around 400.

At just over 2hr mark, I put sauce and over to direct heat to get even better color on them. 

It looks all to dark but it is just lighting inside. Most of it is all sauce, not burnt at all.  Guy Fieri Barbeque Sauce Apple Smokey & Sweet was nice.   

I actually wanted to do low and slow this time but didn't think I could make it for the dinner time. So, I did another Hot and Fast cook. It turned out great!

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: 2hr Pork Back Ribs on my Green MT
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
I would eat that. Looks great.

Sent from my HTC One using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 05:43:12 PM »
Damn, I have to bite the bullet and do a h&f rib cook. Just to say I did it. Looks great man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 05:47:04 PM »
Looks good. You sure have that kettle loaded up!
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.