Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anova help!?  (Read 766 times)

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Anova help!?
« on: September 16, 2016, 03:41:21 AM »
I was using my Anova sous vide cooker yesterday and it started random beeping and the temp was showing anywhere from 10.3-36.5.  I was running it around 180°F (carrots) when it started malfunctioning.  I suspect that some steam got in the vents and wetted the electronics?  It's currently apart and drying on the counter.  We'll see I guess, I just wanted to check in ans see if anyone had encountered anything similar.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Re: Anova help!?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 04:20:13 AM »
Well, I posted too soon.  After drying overnight, I am back in business.  I did a LOT of reading and found that I was probably right about the steam/moisture.  It seems that the Anova doesn't like going over 180°F.  Nobody said that as straightforward as I did but after a reading, that seems to be it.  I read something about a software update that supposed to help but what I witnessed with my unit will not be fixed via software.    Anyway, I have a HUGE eye of round that was vacuum cured for 24 hours that I just splashed, I'll let you know if it goes south again or I'll happily post some killer lunch meat, we shall see.