Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork Chops and Roasted Potatoes  (Read 1208 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Pork Chops and Roasted Potatoes
« on: September 12, 2016, 05:24:56 PM »
I had a package of two pork blade chops that I got at the store along with some white potatoes and two heads of broccoli. I seasoned up the chips with some locally made rub called Cluck and Squeal:

I got the performer lighting up with the temporary setup using the 20 lb propane tank in front:

While it was lighting up, the heat from the chimney started melting the butter in my 8 inch cast iron pan.

I parboiled the potatoes on the camp stove and then put them in the cast iron pan and spiced them sage, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper, and set the pan on the indirect side of the grill while the chops seared. After the seared, I laid them to cook indirectly on either side of the pan so everything was opposite the bed of coals.

I should've done another potato and the other head of broccoli (it was done on the camp stove) since they were good and went fast.  This was the end result before it got eaten:

I'm definitely doing the roast potatoes again. They turned out beautifully.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pork Chops and Roasted Potatoes
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 05:33:23 PM »
The potatoes with all them herbs sound real good man. How did you like the seasoning on those pork steaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 05:38:14 PM »
Looks like a great dinner to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

go_home_red

• Smokey Joe
    • Analog Schemes
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 07:39:19 PM »
Looks amazing! I love the photos of the glowing chimney, too. :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk