Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What's your favorite accessory?  (Read 13501 times)

Cellar2ful

Re: What's your favorite accessory?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 06:54:54 PM »

Hands down the Thermapen. Of all the accessories I have purchased, the Thermapen is the most used and relied on.  Other than long handled tongs and an apron, it is the only BBQ accessory that does double duty in the kitchen. For me it brings precision to my cooking.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 12:18:05 AM »
Sounds like they upgraded the pop recently. Faster, and with rotating display. I might pull the trigger on one now.
Retired

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 05:51:33 AM »
Thermapen gets used all the time, inside and outside cooking.  I also like their DOT.  Slow N Sear ranks right up there too.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 05:53:39 AM »
So my question for you guys is, what is your absolute favorite kettle accessory?

Another kettle …   :D ;) … Welcome!
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

shock_me

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 05:53:51 AM »
Just got a kettle rotisserie this summer and absolutely love it! I probably won't do a full chicken any other way from now on. Great for all other roasts as well, especially Prime Rib.

unometooo

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 07:22:51 AM »
So my question for you guys is, what is your absolute favorite kettle accessory?

Another kettle …   :D ;) … Welcome!
Glad you said get another Kettle, I have been reading a lot of posts and it seems like a good bit of you have multiple Kettles.  Why do you need multiple?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 01:19:21 PM »
I regularly cook for 5-10 people. A single kettle wouldn't cut it, especially since I'm usually doing sides and apps as well.
Still need a 22” yellow

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 02:22:34 PM »
I normally just cook for my family of four. I had a economy weber for a decade as my only cooker. As kids came along and I got into grilling more, We decided a table would be nice so we bought a performer. Then I found this forum and all hell broke loose! I have 9 kettles now, cook on all of them and love every minute of it.

Just wait, if you hang around long enough with us, you'll soon have more. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 03:51:32 PM »
And besides being used to put on large kick ass meals, they are just so damn fun to look at. Simple design and competes with some high dollar shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 04:04:20 PM »
I normally just cook for my family of four. I had a economy weber for a decade as my only cooker. As kids came along and I got into grilling more, We decided a table would be nice so we bought a performer. Then I found this forum and all hell broke loose! I have 9 kettles now, cook on all of them and love every minute of it.

Just wait, if you hang around long enough with us, you'll soon have more. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of us. One of us. One of us.
Still need a 22” yellow

Cellar2ful

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 08:53:18 PM »
@unometooo - I have three dedicated cooking kettles. Two 22"ers and a 26".   One of the 22's is set up for cooking direct with a cast iron sear grate for steaks, hamburgers, pork chops and fish. The other 22" is set up for cooking indirect and used for longer cooks of chicken pieces, country pork ribs, ribs and roasts. You can achieve the same thing with one kettle but for me it was the convenience of not having to change grates or remove drip pans. The 26" is used for smoking turkey's or when I need a larger cooking area. Cooking for larger groups, it is nice to have several kettles at your disposal.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 08:55:14 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 12:46:28 AM »
Favorite?  I'm really liking my Vortex.

As for multiple grills, sometimes you need more cooking area than one grill can provide.  Especially if you're doing a meat and all the sides, too.  And, it really impresses the neighbors when you have 2 or 3 grills going at the same time.

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 12:40:22 PM »
I hate to confuse the matter with practicality, but maybe you should try cooking a few things before deciding what gadget will enable you to do it better?  You may surprise yourself at how little you actually need.
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

irv39

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2016, 01:45:50 PM »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2016, 07:17:52 PM »
Bottle opener.