Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dino Ribs and Zucchini on my pick-up OTG  (Read 766 times)

msuiceman

• Smokey Joe
Dino Ribs and Zucchini on my pick-up OTG
« on: September 23, 2016, 02:56:14 PM »
Wish I took pics, but I made one chimney of kbb, split it in the charcoal baskets. Added a chunk of oak to each, added a drip pan. put beef ribs on (homemade rub, much like bone suckin' rub but with less sugar). indirect heat for 1 hour (lid registered 410). at the end of the hour I put on direct heat just to add some more texture.

it was AWESOME. not bad for the first cook on a free, unused OTG. I was worried it would lose too much beefiness, but I think it was just about perfect. maybe do a bit less rub, and more just dust it. unbelievable smoke ring btw. I may convert to high temp ribs (pork loin back and st. louis) after all.

zucchini I just cut into disks, EVOO, salt, pepper.... put onto doubled aluminum foil. oak was still going slightly so it got a slight smokiness to it. my daughter and I both really enjoyed it.

was going to cook two big porterhouses also, but the wife was going on a girls night out, and that would have been way too much of a gluttony. I did do baked potatoes also, but no recipe is needed for that.

NOT BAD FOR A FREE GRILL!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Dino Ribs and Zucchini on my pick-up OTG
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 03:35:27 AM »
I'm no sure why but I'd never even considered high temp ribs. I may have to give it a try!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM